Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to my remote GIT repository

trebernju January 8, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a GIT repository for my compagny. It is located on a Linux remote server. I set it up with gitolite to manage the permissions.

Currently I'm trying to link FishEyes with this repository. I chose SSH (tried to upload the private key from the server and to generate the public key and set it up on the server).

The question is : If I chose the public-key solution, should I rename it in any way ? Where should I put it on the server ? Should I modify any file (like authorized_keys) ?

Also, is the syntax : ssh://user@server/path/to/repo.git ?

I need some help to link FishEyes to this repo using gitolite. Have someone here ever been in this situation ?

I keep having these kinds of error :

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:
'"null"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

or

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

fatal: 'server/repositories/repo_team.git' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 vote
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2013

Hi Julien,

I hope I understand your question correctly. Do you mean that you are trying to integrate your local git repo with an OnDemand Fisheye instance? If this is the case have you been informed regarding the EOL announcement for Fisheye OnDemand?

As this service is going to be decomissioned later this year it might be in your best interest to switch to a local copy of Fisheye.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events