License for 10 users

Deleted user February 17, 2015

Hello support,

I have connected our Jira, Fisheye and Confluence. So when I create a User in Jira, he is automatically in Fisheye and Confluence. That's really nice. But our License for Fisheye is only for 10 users.

Fisheye dosen't start anymore, because it has 17 users included. (Because we have 17 users using Jira.)

We don't need an account for everyone working in our Company on JIRA or Conflunece in Fisheye.

So, is there a way, that we can use fisheye with license for 10 users? I can not delete that Users, because i have to delete everytime a new person creates an account on Jira. Thats not the way like i will do the usermanagement. Maybe there is something easier? Or can you give me another license? Because we don't need more than 5 repos and 10 committers, a bigger license is not a good option.

Greetings from Germany

Matthis Will

RiskIdent GmbH

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

Hi Matthis,

There is no need for another license for FishEye - you can have only a set of JIRA users added in FishEye. Please allow me to instruct on how to do this:

1. In JIRA create a new group (e.g. "fisheye-users").
  2. Add to the group created above only the users you want to have access in FishEye.
  3. In FishEye go to Administration > Authentication, edit the JIRA Authentication you configured, click in Next to go to the screen where you select the groups and, in the right panel, leave only the fisheye-users group you created in JIRA. Save and synchronize it.

With the instructions above only the users contained in the group you created will be added to FishEye, so you won't have problems exceeding the limit anymore.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Deleted user February 17, 2015

Perfect, thank's a lot. :-)

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

Hey Matthis,

I was just having a look at my Fisheye 3.2.3 for you to see how you could solve this issue.
Despite the way JIRA solves this using an "Access JIRA" permission that grants you flexibility to remove people from being counted against the license, the way you could do it in Fisheye would be as follows:
Within the administration find "Authentication" amongst the Security Settings on the left. In there, you should have the setting . This goes hand in hand with having JIRA/Crowd set as your user directory which I assume you have.

Would it work as a solution for you to set this to false?

As for your license, does it not start at all or are you just not able to work with it?
I'm not entirely sure if you can simply delete users out of Fisheye and without also deleting them from Crowd and fixing your license issue but you can surely test this yourself quickly. smile

Greetings from Düsseldorf!

Regards,
Philipp

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events