Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set Application Link between Jira and FishEye and how to gain system-administrator access to do that?

Slobodan Stanišić May 24, 2012

Currently I have admin role in our company space in your JIRA OnDemand cloud and want to use SVN server that we should be able to access and use under https://<company_name>.jira.com/svn.

However, I read in your FAQ section that linking between FishEye (which I already installed) and Jira requires system-administrator access what no one in our company has. How can we link those two apps without such account?

If this is done, will I be able to see 'Import SVN server' option as it's described in your manuals, since I cannot see such option anywhere in my Dashboard? If not, what would be the right way to import SVN server in that case?

Thanks in advance,

Sloba

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

Sloba,

Application links are automatically created between the OnDemand apps that you purchase. It's not necessary to create these links yourself.

The "Import SVN Respository" command is found in the Source administration console.

1. Click your name in the upper-right (just left of "History")
  2. Choose "Administration". If you don't see it, then your user account doesn't have administrator permission and you'll need to contact an administrator of your account to grant you access.
  3. In "Administration", you should see a "Source" tab—not the one in the top header, but just under the "Administration" heading, next to "General" and "Issues", etc.
  4. Click "Source" and the "Import SVN Repository" link is at the bottom of the left-side menu.

If you don't see the "Source" tab in step 3, your user may not be licensed to use FishEye. Since you can buy different numbers of user licenses for different OnDemand applications, you need to assign the users to each app that you would like them to be able to use. If you are an admin, you can assign yourself.

1. In the Administration console, click the "General" tab
  2. Click "User Management", or the triangle next to it to expand the User Management sub-menu
  3. Click "Application Access" to get to the application license management page
  4. Click the checkbox in the "FishEye/Crucible" column for your username

Slobodan Stanišić May 25, 2012

Hi Tim,

Thanks for detailed answer and support, that's exactly what I need in order to get the job done.

Best,

Sloba

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

You don't get System Administrator rights in OnDemand. Please raise a support request explaining the issue you are facing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events