How can I link a Stash repo to its Fisheye brower?

Deleted user January 2, 2014

I have evaluation versions of Stash (2.9.4) and FishEye (3.2.3) running on the same server (different ports, obviously) and have (theoretically) set up Application Links both ways between the two services, as well as adding Repository Links to the Stash project in Fisheye, but I'm seeing no evidence that Stash is aware of FishEye; there is no link from the Stash project or Repo page to FishEye, meaning that if users want to browse a Stash-hosted project in FishEye they have to find it manually.

How do I present a FishEye browser in Stash in such a way that it is the natural way for users to browse code?

Notes:

- I do not want to use Crucible

- I do want to use Stash's Pull Request & review features

- I know of Atlassian's own RepoSync plugin, which they class as an unsupported third-party plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.fecru.reposync.reposyncbut this is incompatible with my versions of Stash & Fisheye

- It is completely unclear which of the various methods of authentication for Application Links are required (and which are incompatible with each other or various plugins), and whether any URL patterns are required (and what they might be for links between Stash and FishEye)

- What is the end user actually supposed to see when Application Links are working correctly? There seems to be no effect whatsoever, other than the fact that Admins can create links between repos & projects that in turn are never used or seen.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

Hi Richard,

At this stage we don't have a native integration between FishEye and Stash and therefore there is no automatic way for FishEye to detect and index Stash repositories. There is a public issue created to track this improvement and it would be great if you could add your requirements to it.

Could I ask you what features of FishEye you would like to use with your Stash repositories? We may have workarounds depending on your needs.

Cheers,

Sten Pittet
FishEye / Crucible Product Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events