Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted users still appear in UI

Newt Nik November 12, 2012

Somehow duplicate users were created in our system, e.g. JSmith and jsmith. We've deleted the correct dupes and yet both users still appear in the "Reviewers" drop down list when creating a review. What else must be done to remove these users completely? We are using a 5 person starter license and are still running with the embedded database.

1 answer

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2012

Best thing is to not revome users at all! Chances are you are ending up in a total mess in the end. I had a discussion giong on here about this and basically the conclusion was to not remove users: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95362/how-to-handle-removed-users

Oh, and try to avoid messing with the database (which might be an Idee popping up right now).

Sorry to say this. Hope it kinda helps anyway.

EDIT: I am just recognising this now, but you are talking crucible while I was taking JIRA. I guess the answer is still valid as the approach would be quite the same.

Newt Nik November 12, 2012

Thanks but that really doesn't help. Having almost identical users (FBar vs. fbar) is confusing and error prone... there must be a better way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events