Crucible Broadcast Notifications

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2012

When starting a review, the normal process is add individual reviewers who then get sent an invite email.

What do people do when they want to send a broadcast email to a group of developers? Who ever is free then joins the review.

Since you may not know who is busy & the developers are spread across a continent it's difficult to just ask round the office.

What we do at the minute is use a dummy account mapped onto the developers mailing list but it means we waste a licence for every team. It's also different groups for different projects so we can't modify the email templates.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2012

Hi Matthew,

Depending on the numbers of developers that you have you could try a different approach: Let the devs pull themselves out of a review instead of giving them the options to join a review.

You can configure a Crucible project to add all the developers by default to any new review. That way you can be sure that they all see the review both in their emails and in their dashboard (which might be helpful in your case).

Then they can choose to opt out from a review if they do not have the time for it.

Let me know what you think of this process.

Cheers,

Sten

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2012

Hi Sten, I can see it working with a small group but there's 20-30 of them and they don't like seeing anything that isn't directly theirs, but in a strange way it might work, it would be more automatic. Let me think on it a moment ;-)

0 votes
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2012

You can try emailing the review to a list of intended recipients https://img.skitch.com/20120127-e7j9bknx2d4ch8tt3tq3h7d85c.png

The wizard allows you to add email addresses, as well as Crucible usernames. It also lets you customize the message of the email, but by default, it includes a summary of the whole review.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2012

Hi Joe, I have suggested this method but they'd like it to be automatic, more in line with what Jira may do.

This particular group of developers are at the core of the trading platform so want tools that need minimal interactions (i.e. not having to manually type in a long email distribution list).

Howvere, it's still a good idea ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events