Create local admin in Fisheye return Error

Jinjing January 22, 2015

I tried to add a new user as admin in Fisheye, as described : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Creating+a+user

where I select 'built-in' Auth type. 

However, it returns :

image2015-1-22 8:26:6.png

Is this error a bug in Fisheye, or it is due to incomplete installation?

Is this the right way to create local admin? How can I create local admin in Fisheye?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Thanks for you report.  I'm afraid I can barely decipher the message from the screenshot, its resolution is to low.  I can guess the error is NonUniqueResultException from Hibernate, this most likely means you have duplicated user in the system.   But this still looks like an application error, you should rather see a proper validation error in such case.

Would you mind copying the text of the error message presented?  If you could also attach log excerpt for this error (there should be some ERROR logged in FISHEYE_INST/var/log/atlassian-fisheye-DATE.log) and explain exact steps you've performed, that would help us reproducing the problem.

Also, ideally you would enable the debug mode (in Admin / Server screen) so we would have more details in the log.  Finally, let me know the FishEye version you are running, I can't decipher that from the screenshot.

Kind regards,
Piotr 

Jinjing January 28, 2015

Thanks for you answer. Actually, you can click on the screenshot, then it will display with goog resolution. I don't know if this works for you. The message is " Your request was unable to be processed org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultException - query did not return a unique result: 3"

Jinjing January 28, 2015

But I did't see any duplicate user

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Apologies, I've missed that. Still, it would be very useful to see the (DEBUG is possible) logs and know the exact actions undertaken, so we could reproduce the problem locally.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events