Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11FontManager on charts

Gary Williams December 19, 2012

You are running release CR2.9.2 FE2.9.2 (20121210041242 2012-12-10), please report your release number when reporting bugs.

I am getting a

Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11FontManagererror

on all charts which is causing them not to render.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary Williams December 20, 2012

So, it appears that one of the causes of this could have been not having dejavu font installed. However, in my case this was not true. I did have it installed. After fiddling with it for an hour or so I ended up completely uninstalling OpenJDK from my CentOS box along with uninstalling the JDK I had downloaded from Sun and reinstalling from the rpm.

Charts now render correctly.

0 votes
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013

Hello LogicBomb Media,

I'm glad you were able to get it working. Per our supported platforms we don't currently test with OpenJDK and highly recommend using one of Oracle's current distributions.

Thank you

0 votes
Satya January 2, 2013

I am not using open JDK and am using Oracle current JDK 1.7 and am still getting the same error. Please advice

Error
Internal Server Error
Error 2
A java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError was encountered

Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11FontManager
You are running release FE2.9.2 (20121210041242 2012-12-10), please report your release number when reporting bugs.
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013

Hello Satya,

Please open a support ticket at support.atlassian.com for further investigation.

Thank you

0 votes
Satya January 2, 2013

I am having the same problem and JDK reinstall is not helping. I have CentOS

Gary Williams January 2, 2013

Satya,

Be sure not to just reinstall the JDK from yum. You'll want to complete uninstall OpenJDK from yum and then manually download the JDK from Sun and install via RPM.

Edit

I just saw your comment below: Have you confirmed that you have the dajavu font installed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events