Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Native

flo schramm September 9, 2012

I have a problem with fisheye. When I want to upload a private key, i get the following error in fisheye.out

2012-09-10 16:46:51,948 ERROR - Error for /admin/servlet.gupld
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.Native
	at com.cenqua.fisheye.util.FileSystemUtils.privatise(FileSystemUtils.java:81)
	at com.atlassian.fecru.security.SshKeyManagerImpl.createPrivateKeyFile(SshKeyManagerImpl.java:97)
	at com.atlassian.fecru.security.SshKeyManagerImpl.saveKeyPair(SshKeyManagerImpl.java:111)
	at com.atlassian.fecru.security.SshKeyManagerImpl.isEncrypted(SshKeyManagerImpl.java:103)
	at com.atlassian.fecru.gwt.servlet.GwtSshKeyUploadServlet.executeAction(GwtSshKeyUploadServlet.java:40)
	at gwtupload.server.UploadAction.doPost(UploadAction.java:162)

What went wrong here?

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Edward Moon September 13, 2012

I was able to get past the problem like Allan Saddi by upgrading the jna jar to version 3.4.2.

With the old jna jar in place, I would get classdef not found errors if I attempted to upload a public key or test a connection using a FishEye generated key.

You can download the jar file at this URL: https://github.com/twall/jna/blob/3.4.2/dist/jna.jar?raw=true

1. Download the file. It will be named jna.jar
  2. Rename the jar so you know the version (eg mv jna.jar jna-3.4.2.jar)
  3. Shutdown FishEye
  4. Remove the old jar: (mv [FISHEYE_INSTALL]/lib/jna-3.0.9.jar /some/other/dir
  5. Copy the new jar: (cp jna-3.4.2.jar [FISHEYE_INSTALL]/lib
  6. Start FishEye

At this point I was able to successfully generate a ssh key pair, manually upload the public key to GitHub Enterprise, and add the repository.

flo schramm September 17, 2012

worked like a charm!

1 vote
Geoff Crain
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2012

Hi flflfl,

The problem is that we are depending on JNA to set permissions on the newly created SSH key, using for example chmod on unix.

The error shows that the class com.sun.jna.Native is failing to load due to a missing dependency.

Potentially this is due to the JVM that you are using. Can you please let us know what OS and JVM versions you are using?

Also, is there any more stack trace that would suggest what dependency is actually missing?

Cheers,

Geoff

flo schramm September 11, 2012

Hi Geoff,

its CentOS 5.8 with jvm: 1.6.0_34, 64Bit. you can find the stacktrace attached (fisheye.log) .

Thanks,
Flo

0 votes
Benni Weber October 6, 2013

happens also with ubuntu 64bit,

java version "1.7.0_25"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.04.2)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

and Fisheye 3.1.3 with jna-3.4.2.
any new ideas how to fix this? I want to add a simple git repo :(.
0 votes
Sreram B April 7, 2013

It also happens in Fedora 17, x86-64 with OpenJDK 1.7.0_09 -icedtea version. However i dont have or use fisheye.

And thanks for the dependency suggession. Worked like charm.

0 votes
Malik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2012

Fine. But why does this seem to be only happening with CentOS ??

I am unable to reproduce this with ubuntu...(same FE version, same oracele jvm,....)

0 votes
Malik
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2012

Fine. But why does this seem to be only happening with CentOS ??

I am unable to reproduce this with ubuntu...(same FE version, same oracele jvm,....)

0 votes
Edward Moon September 13, 2012

I am having the same issue when trying to upload a private key for a Git repo in FishEye.

This is NOT due to a missing library in the JVM. The jna libary is part of the FishEye install. The file is located at [FishEye install dir]/lib/jna-3.4.0.jar.

Besides the stack trace, I occasionally get the following in a popup:

An error has occurred

Error
Could not save private key: POSIX c library "c" was not found
Error 2
Could not save private key: POSIX c library "c" was not found
You are running release CR2.8.1 FE2.8.1 (20120829051639 2012-08-29), please report your release number when reporting bugs.

Got a suggestion or an issue?
Discuss it in our forums or visit our support website for other options.

In the logs I see:

INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.8-atlassian-6 03/12/2012 02:59 PM'

2012-09-13 12:22:13,373 ERROR - Could not save private key: POSIX c library "c" was not found

2012-09-13 12:22:14,250 ERROR - Could not save private key: POSIX c library "c" was not found

FishEye version:

(Version:2.8.1 Build:20120829051639 2012-08-29

Java version:

[fisheye@fisheye01 lib]$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_35"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_35-b10)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.10-b01, mixed mode)

0 votes
Allan Saddi September 13, 2012

Hello,

We ran into this issue as well and found this thread by searching.

I eventually fixed this by upgrading jna-3.4.0.jar in FishEye to jna-3.4.2.jar. It works for us, but YMMV.

We are using Oracle JDK 1.6.0_35 on RHEL 5, 64-bit. I believe there was a fix to JNA regarding the specific glibc versions used that affect this.
0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

Hi there,

From the looks of the error, there has been an issue importing a library that FishEye is dependent upon so I would suggest checking that you are running your instance on a supported JVM. I'm sorry to say that is just speculation, but certainly something worth investigating.

All the best,
John

flo schramm September 11, 2012

Hi John,

its Java 1.6.0_34.

Thanks,
Flo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events