Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which users deserve more karma than they have?

Gary Weaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2011

I noticed the question "Why doesn't Joseph Clark have more Karma?" and thought I'd ask the community which users deserve more karma than they currently have to recognize those that contribute and yet haven't been rewarded. I appreciate that real karma is better than that which is displayed in points, but attribution and recognition for good deeds are wonderful things, and it doesn't take long to give back a little thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2011

Short answer is Gary Weaver of course, and Radu and Pablo for making me chuckle. Nic has plenty of karma ;-)

Slightly longer answer is that I'd love to see people ranked by karma or accept rate, by tag. Because I value answers to some types of questions much higher than others, eg ones that involve writing code as part of the answer. Then more people could kind of share the top spot, but just for their area of expertise. I think that would help more people get recognition.

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2011

Really interesting. In general, development questions are harder. There's a real value to answering usage questions too, though, as they'll likely have a wider appeal (at least some of them). Argh, my brain's hurting... I really like the idea of bounties, where you could stake some karma in order for an answer.

I like the idea of per-tag rankings, that's great. Raised a feature request:

Rank people by karma per tag and/or by accept rate per tag

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2011

I like this question. As a moderator I can stoke people karma as a christmas present...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events