What interest group are you interested in?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 14, 2017

Discussions at Summit have made us aware of other industries that may want their own interest collections! Upvote the below answers to show which interest groups we should create next, or post your idea here as a new answer for others to vote on!

22 answers

4 accepted

Suggest an answer

22 votes
Answer accepted
Ellie Day
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2018

Diversity & Inclusion 🎉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 1, 2018

This will be launched in the coming weeks!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 8, 2018
17 votes
Answer accepted
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 12, 2018

Atlassian: Marketing / PR / Communications

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 12, 2018

Hello  @Kristina Meelind [Avisi], if you agree, upvote here to create the group. Thanks!

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
July 13, 2018

Hello @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_@Katarzyna Pawlak, you might find this group useful. If that's the case, upvote! 

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
July 13, 2018

Hello! @Janis Gulbis@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_, maybe this could be of your interest, also. Let's upvote!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2018

Yes, yes! Thank you, @Huwen Arnone! :) 

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 13, 2018

Yes, it's a great idea! Thanks @Huwen Arnone :)

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
July 13, 2018

Thank you @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_@Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_, let's wait for it to start this group! 

16 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 2, 2018

Jobs Board / Job Opportunities / Careers

Deleted user June 5, 2018

Thanks for all the upvotes

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 7, 2018

Looks like we have hit critical mass -- @Craig Castle-Mead we will plan on moving forward with this!

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

@Monique vdB Perfect! We have 2 more locations we're looking to fill, so have even more motivation than usual to help :) Let me know if there's anything I can do.

CCM

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 7, 2018

@Craig Castle-Mead the jobs board is up!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jobs-Careers/gp-p/JobsCareers

Please go ahead and 1. join the group, 2. re-post your job listing (I can't move it into the group, unfortunately, and 3. let me know you've joined so I can make you an admin and reach out to you with some best practices, expectations, etc!

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 8, 2018

@Craig Castle-Mead You are an admin! I'm working on some admin guidelines and best practices and will ping you when they are posted... thanks!

11 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Chabot September 14, 2017

Academia / Higher Education

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2017

I second that

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 8, 2017

@Brant Schroeder and @Brian Chabot, we're going to move ahead with this; I'll keep you posted when it's set up!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

Excellent

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Woo! Watching

Brian Chabot November 8, 2017

Awesome. Thank you very much!

MadelineBarr January 15, 2018

@Monique vdB is there an ETA on when this interest collection will be available? This is something we are very interested in.

It would be nice to know how many higher education institutions use Atlassian products and how.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 16, 2018

@MadelineBarr it should be available this month! I'm working on getting it set up now.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 16, 2018

@Brian Chabot@Brant Schroeder@MadelineBarr@Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_, this collection is now live here.

We would love for you to fill it with content and discussions that we can feature in the sidebar. Maybe someone would be willing to start an intro thread to kick us off?

Brian Chabot January 17, 2018

@Monique vdBThank you again for this. I'll post something today and get us started.

MadelineBarr January 17, 2018

Thanks @Monique vdB

@Brian Chabot I look forward to 'chatting' with you and others in that interest group. I have a few things I can post, as well.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 17, 2018

@Brian Chabot great! Let me know once you do and I can feature it in the sidebar showcase.

Brian Chabot January 17, 2018

@MadelineBarr@Monique vdBFirst post is set and live!!!

5 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2018

Project Management.

There's a section for Agile, but not one for project management in general. I'd like a space to discuss PM topics outside of Agile.

Deleted user June 5, 2018

@Scott Theus completely agree, 

I have run into a number of Questions within the community that would fit perfectly within PM.

5 votes
armin.mayrhofer September 22, 2017

I would suggest the 'Services Industry'. As detailed out in this post 'Using Atlassian products to boost the Services Industry' the services industry has very specific requirements and use cases for Atlassian products. This became clear in a round table this past Summit that consisted of 2 of the 3 biggest global agencies as well as 2 of the big 4 accounting firms. We have very similar needs and it would be great to have them represented.

3 votes
Julie Vu [Beenicon]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 11, 2018

Marketing for Atlassian add-ons

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
July 11, 2018

I would leave it with just Marketing, Atlassian related, of course.  What do you think?

Julie Vu [Beenicon]
Marketplace Partner
July 12, 2018

All good! Thank you!

3 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2018

Atlassian Admin

Server configuration, sizing, security, networking, data center, advanced workflows, scripting, virtualization, etc...

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

This one is probably not a suggestion for an interest, but a talking point.  Atlassian have encouraged the use of Jira for asset tracking (and, of course, there are some asset tracking add-ons out there).  Just a thought that maybe we could use an enhanced tag for some stuff when it's about asset tracking.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2018

And updated materials/ebooks too. In the last few months, I've found dead links from documentation about asset management in Jira.

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

Manufacturing

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

Military.

Although I'm a bit fuzzy on this one.  I'm not thinking of military organisations directly, more about their commercial partners.  Specifically, the companies building military aircraft are what I've run into a lot, but also some car manufacturers and even companies servicing "spooks"

2 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 14, 2017

Insurance

2 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 14, 2017

Health care

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2018

Human Resources

1 vote
Deleted user May 16, 2018

Finance & Accountacy

1 vote
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2017

Embedded Software/Electronics

1 vote
Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 14, 2017

Hospitality

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
March 22, 2021

Agile Project Management Best Practices 

0 votes
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

Worklife & Company culture

0 votes
Phil Fang June 25, 2019

Diversity and Inclusion & Enterprise & Trust and security & Nonprofit

0 votes
Deleted user June 28, 2018

Can I request a group for AUG United Kingdom?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 28, 2018

@[deleted] thanks for making the request! I've passed it on to the team and will let you know when we can make this happen!

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018

@Monique vdB

Is there a process for requesting these groups for the AUGs?  I'd really love to get one up for our User Group and get the word out to other AUG leaders.

Celina Zamora July 2, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_we are betaing these right now, but will definitely let you know what's next for these groups and how it will impact each individual AUG moving forward :) 

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018

@Celina ZamoraTY!  would be super helpful for my group, so hope we get to be an early adopter!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 11, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ having a Champion on board is a +1 for sure! Thanks for expressing your interest, we will keep you in the loop!

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2018

Awesome, my group has been asking for communications/sharing platform for a while, and I have been avoiding Facebook or Linkedin groups because of difficulty in managing them.  

0 votes
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2018

DevOpsSec I would like.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events