Token Expiry message while delay in Community Answer/Response

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

Hi,

While drafting a response to any community post, if it's opened for significant time(not calculated the exact time) and reply is not submitted then once submitting the response, the response is not submitted and warning message  with token expiry is displayed.

Could you please explain this is details and share the suggestion best practices, docs, articles to avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Suvradip

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul

this can be indeed spotted from time to time - for example if you open several tabs but until actually replying some time passes.
If you know that you have several tabs open it might be a good idea to reload before actually answering. In case you are beginning to answer, correct, do a investigation of some technical detail in-depth, and then continue the answer - this might not help.
In that case probably typing the answer beforehand into a text editor (like Atom oder Notepad++) could be a workaround.

Otherwise I found it never problematic, rather a minor nuisance - however, one caveat.
If you want to Watch (with the eye symbol) a thread and the session token should be expired it jumps to "watching" what made you think the operation was successful - however upon reload you will see it actually was not successful.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2021

Adding Screen shot to this issue for better understanding.

Token_Error.jpg

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul 

I run into this error occasionally responding to questions.  In my experience it occurs when I start responding, switch contexts to research and confirm my answer, and several minutes pass before I submit the reply.  This seems normal and reasonable for a web-based application to handle as timeouts.

I have seen this occur with shorter timeouts when there is an on-going incident/outage for the support platform, which you may monitor here: https://support.status.atlassian.com/

My suggestion as a work-around is to consider writing any longer responses elsewhere first, such as a text editor, and then pasting/posting within a shorter timeframe.

Best regards,
Bill

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2021

Thanks @Bill Sheboy  for your response.

Yes, I understand we need to be active and longer delay in posting a response might cause this error.

I was looking for any documentation, Jira reference or article on this(it would be good if it's from Atlassian).

Do you have anything like that ?

Thanks.

Cheers

Suvradip

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2021

Sorry, no I do not.  I am just a Jira user...trying to help the community when I can.  :^)

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2021

No worries @Bill Sheboy . I understand. I would wait for any response from Atlassian Team.

@Angélica Luz  - Sorry to add you in this post with out any prior details. Would you mind having a look and guide?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events