Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Should we use answers.atlassian.com instead of forums.atlassian.com?

Is the idea of this site to eventually replace the forums? If not, what are the guidelines for this vs the forums to prevent fragmentation?

7 answers

1 accepted

18 votes
Answer accepted
JamesA Rising Star May 29, 2011

Colin, to the best of my knowledge we are shutting down the forums after the beta period for Answers has lapsed as Answers is the sucessor service to the forums. Not sure on the timeline but there will be more information about this shortly.

12 votes
Akeles Rising Star May 30, 2011

I will recommend to keep this as a read-only site. It is a huge wealth of knowledge within it.

6 votes

I would also recommend a way to easily put in snippets of Java/XML/..., especially if you want to replace the development forums.

5 votes

Yes, the plan is to spend a couple weeks doing some testing and improvements to answers.atlassian.com, then we'll make the switch!

Jeremy,

I believe the forums will be still available for reading but not for adding new posts, right?

It would be a pity to lose such a great source of accumulated information on Atlassian products.

...and four years later, I'm sitting here on a Saturday night making even more improvements. ;-)

3 votes

And thinking that now is a new platform complete and full of knowledge with nearly 8000 users. A great idea! Tons better than the forums! Well done Atlassian!

3 votes

Moving forward we should all use answers.atlassian.com

I asked Jonathan Nolen the question about forums.atlassian.com, the answer: "It will be kept on in read-only mode"

So all is good, no need to worry or consider screen scraping that entire site :)

How to draw a house use the equilateral triangle class in java example

please anyone can help me :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events