Should we use answers.atlassian.com instead of forums.atlassian.com?

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2011

Is the idea of this site to eventually replace the forums? If not, what are the guidelines for this vs the forums to prevent fragmentation?

7 answers

1 accepted

18 votes
Answer accepted
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2011

Colin, to the best of my knowledge we are shutting down the forums after the beta period for Answers has lapsed as Answers is the sucessor service to the forums. Not sure on the timeline but there will be more information about this shortly.

12 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2011

I will recommend to keep this as a read-only site. It is a huge wealth of knowledge within it.

6 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2011

I would also recommend a way to easily put in snippets of Java/XML/..., especially if you want to replace the development forums.

5 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2011

Yes, the plan is to spend a couple weeks doing some testing and improvements to answers.atlassian.com, then we'll make the switch!

Sergey Markovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2011

Jeremy,

I believe the forums will be still available for reading but not for adding new posts, right?

It would be a pity to lose such a great source of accumulated information on Atlassian products.

no_longer_in_sudoers_file
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2015

...and four years later, I'm sitting here on a Saturday night making even more improvements. ;-)

3 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2012

And thinking that now is a new platform complete and full of knowledge with nearly 8000 users. A great idea! Tons better than the forums! Well done Atlassian!

3 votes
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2011

Moving forward we should all use answers.atlassian.com

I asked Jonathan Nolen the question about forums.atlassian.com, the answer: "It will be kept on in read-only mode"

So all is good, no need to worry or consider screen scraping that entire site :)

0 votes
wendy handerson November 16, 2013

How to draw a house use the equilateral triangle class in java example

please anyone can help me :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events