Please add a progress bar for inserting images in this community forum

Stefan E April 11, 2018

I would like to insert an image in my post. When using the image wizard and copy paste to insert an image from the clipboard ... it takes several seconds until the insert button gets active. This is confusing. Please add a progress bar or gray out the insert button to better show that it does not work. I clicked the button and nothing happened.

image.png

1 answer

1 vote
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Hi @Stefan E

If you look closely, the Insert button changes. The letters are grey and after finished upload white. But it could be clearer. That is true. 

1.png

2.png

Cheers
Niklas

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

@Sloan N_ B_ is correct in that the insert button changes once the image has been uploaded. That white line/bar that you see over the grey overlay is the progress bar, and in theory it should reflect the actual progress of a file being uploaded. 

That being said, I'll file a bug with our devs and they will look into it. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Stefan E

Stefan E April 11, 2018

Thank you for addressing that issue. Maybe it would be better to only show the image after the upload has been finished. I also find it annoying that I have to click the insert button at all after inserting the image from the clipboard. It would be great if I could insert images directly to the text field, without using the button from the toolbar.

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2018

Totally make sense what you're expressing. And yes that makes sense that it only appears after the upload has been finished, although it would be nice to know what's going on before it shows up and is ready to use. 

I will make sure to pass this information along to the team regarding the clipboard pasting.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events