How do I give a user only access to a Page within a Space?

Melissa Rose January 7, 2022

I'm finding the interface quite confusing for giving access to users (using this for contractors but don't need them to be inundated with seeing each others pages). Can you please help me with the steps to share specific pages within a space?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

Access to pages in Confluence can become quite complex, but there are broadly three places to start looking at:

Go to Admin -> Space settings -> space permissions and check that the people you want to see it have access.  Your people need space access no matter what the rest is.

The second layer is to check that the page has no restrictions, or restrictions that let your people in.

So, to "share specific pages within a space", you need to make sure the recipients have permissions to see the pages.

Melissa Rose January 10, 2022

Where do I set page restrictions for individual pages?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Go to the page and look for the restrictions icon (small red padlock) - this lets you set individual page restrictions, but also explains the inheritance of the current restrictions on it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events