How can I create a new request WITH a set custom field through the Jira Cloud Service Desk API?

Jeremy Moormann March 26, 2020

I'm using the xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/request endpoint to create tickets for events we receive through some monitoring triggers. We added a custom field called "Assigned Owning Team", but I can see from previously created tickets, the field is identified as "customfield_10094" under the hood. So, I went through some docs and the forums, trying to set this field upon creating a ticket, but I guess just adding it to the requestFieldValues object doesn't cut it, like this:

{
"requestFieldValues": {
"summary": "Test"
"description": "Test ticket"
"customfield_10094": "com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight/2314_21"
}
}

The value should be valid, cause I got it from a ticket that I created via API, then set the field through the web interface, used the API to get that ticket's data, and it showed that as a set value. However, doing the above doesn't set the field. What am I missing?

2 answers

1 vote
Jeremy Moormann April 17, 2020

Figured it out. Needed to use Insight's slightly different syntax when setting the "key" property, I needed to use "appKey" instead

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2020

@Jeremy Moormann - it has been a while since you asked this question. To help your question get seen by people who can help I am moving this from the Community Feedback & Announcement section to the Jira Service Desk product section. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events