Does the search functionality work on Atlassian Answers?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2011

I was looking for a question using the search term "atlas-create-home-zip", but couldn't find it.

Searching through GMail for the same term leads me to an email notification for "Can anybody use 'atlas-create-home-zip' in SDK 3.6?"

Is there a secret to searching answers?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2011

Hi David,

Yes, I know, the current search needs a lot of improvement. We've got a replacement candidate going through QA (follow ANSWERS-87). Combined with the fact that Google isn't indexing Answers correctly, it's really hard to discover existing questions right now.

Both fixes are at the top of our priority list right now (along with improved spam mitigation, which will become more of a problem when we've fixed the search indexing problem). We should have a search replacement out by next week, assuming we don't find blocker issues with it. I'll update this post when it's ready.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2011

Thanks @Jeremy Largman. I guess I should have searched https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ANSWERS first :P

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2011

Others are more purist (JIRA is for features!) but I don't mind meta-questions here in Answers. It's healthy enough for discussions that can turn into feature reqeuests. This one is perfectly valid and needed an update.

0 votes
Karola Schaeuble October 16, 2011

I also experienced weird results when searching in Answers. The search seems to be useless.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events