International Buddy Badge
Not sure how to regulate this, but the idea is that you make 10+ new acquaintances on community (i.e. not currently in network)
Master of <tool> Badges
Write 10 posts about a particular project and the Atlassian tool that was most impact-full for it and after getting 100 likes the badge is initiated. E.g.: "Master of Confluence"
Just can't quit logging in on the daily ! !
Earn monthly badges retrospectively
Although I understand why the monthly badges are time-framed but I think that commmunity users should be able to still earn them retrospectively.... for example, I miss some from the past 2yr and would LOVE to still get them if I could
I'd like to relaunch an Events Attendee badge of some type but it will be automated (the manual version didn't really work). There may even be a series based on the number of events you attend. Maybe add this as a separate comment @Kat Warner ?
I like those Role ideas.
Also a ”best buddy” badge when they bring a friend to an event and introduced to ACE Leader
Getting attendance is hard but this could help
@Monique van den Berg please add sticker for this one on the resources inside the bag for events That Stephanie is preparing
I loved the badges where you had to leave your own comfort zone - which is of course a subjective feeling for everyone
OK, I am giving my feedback but in order to get objective point of view I was not reading previous (already posted) post yet, so that if I see them means that someone else think same as me :)
First of all I would like to say that badges are great to have but soon it might be very hard to maintain that stuff. Especially if all need to be done manually :)
What I am missing in badges section:
* Some kind of sorting.. Currently badges appear and mostly appear in random order and are mixed up. It would be good to some how filter that out. Something like earned (not earned), next level.. by date.. category.. something. And put the very rare badges on the top like for example Community Leader or Community Content Award Winner.
* Ability to see who earned same badge as me. In other words it is great to see that I achieved something. but if I cannot get in touch with someone else that earned that too then I am missing something. Would be good to make earned badges clickable (send us to a different page) and similar to brand new feature (who liked the content), see who earned same badge (and the number of users)
* Link to a description of the badge (how to achieve it). That is one of the worst things. Every time a new badge is there people ask a question how to get it.. From the badges section there is no way to get a description (to a post, or just somewhere) where it is explained. I need to search for it in individual posts which is quite annoying over time
* Goal. Instead of "Not earned yet" it might say a number left to get it ... like "43 likes left to get it.. ". Thanks to that we do not need to search for that information. In addition if someone reach for example 750 likes and there are no more grayed out badges, then not sure what is the next level (is it hidden or that is the end?).
What badges I would like to see in the future:
* A badge for very old members that help on online sites (forum, atlassian answers, questions.. ) or organize offline events already for years. There could be a goal to achieve it (example 5 years and older). It should be a very precious badge that show long term commitment.
Idea for a name: Community Dinosaur
* Looking a little bit on above badge I would like to see a Welcome badge that would include year when someone joined Community. Just like that as a first badge after creating the account (for new users) and manually set for older users than current community site based on Lithium.
Idea for a name: Welcome 2015, Welcome 2016, ..
* A set of badges that define who was attending a big Atlassian event (like summit). Thanks to that we can see without asking who was there. Combining this with the number #2 from section above "what I am missing .." is giving a opportunity to have a list of all participants from old events (which is hard to get without Mobile App) and additional benefit of information for us here (we know that if someone attend Summit 2019 on which something happened/was announced and no need to give him info about that again)
Idea for a name: Summit 2018, Developer Day 2019, ...
* If someone ever was a speaker at Summit or any other event - give him a badge! Simple as that.
Idea for a name: Event Speaker, Presenter, ..
* Some kind of Moderator badge. I saw that badge already somewhere so maybe it would be just a good way to reactive it. There are many people that are doing a lot of work on moderating posts (adding to spam, renaming, moving, removing tags,.. ) This is also a time consuming task overall and should be at least awarded with a badge.
Idea for a name: Community Moderator, Spam Killer, Security Guard..
* I was also thinking about ability to count our badges and also get a badge for that! ... If someone would reach specific level (like earn for example 50 badges) he get a special badge for that. This might motivate people to get more badges or it is a nice reward also for people that spend time and earn them day by day, month by month..
Idea for a name: Badge of badges, Badges Addict
* There is badge for number of likes but no badge for someone that is giving many likes (for example someone gave more than 500 likes).
Idea for a name: Like Giver, Liker
* Few other counting badges related to individual posts.. like for example a badge for very good answer/comment (more than X votes), long discussion (more than X replies in a single posts or having a long discussion that is taking few days), .. etc.
Idea for a name: Great Job, Good Answer, Long Discussion, ...
There are automatic badges, manual .. I was also thinking is there any technical way to allow badges gives by users.. Something that user can give to an user next to a like.. User can earn those badges many times and those could be counted on the badge section. Just an idea...
Might be more.. but that is all that I had in my head right now :) ..
good input Mirek!
Very old member LOL that would be me! ;-) but i'm sure you mean 'years of Community Service' :-). This is a good one and would suggest it be a number of years thing...1, 2,3,4,...Nic
I like the concept of "Good Answer" and would like to take that thought one step further. It would be great if, as a Leader, we could 'tag' via button an answer as "Great Answer". The value of this, outside of badges, is that we could then use this to find that answer again and reference it when answering the same question someone asks later. This creates a repository of best in class answers to draw from rather than reinventing the wheel. And, back to badge context here, the original author of the Great Answer would get points for it being referenced. Yes I realize this is crossing into another dimension of complexity but @Kevan Lin can make it happen. :-)
Definitively I mean only years of community service :) .. Concept of Good Answer is something also that could help find A+ answers/posts/feedback which is not promoted heavily right now. There should be a special reward for number of best A+ posts. And agree that Leaders should get option to mark those posts.
@Jack Brickey -- how could you put me on the spot like that?
I do like the line of thinking when it comes to "best in class answers" degrees of how well an answer was provided. Totally agree with you that it's a mixed bag with regards to how can I figure out which is the best answer for me and my situation.
Okay here's my idea building off of @Andy Barker - TWNKLS AR's idea. What if we do a challenge similar to the Summit Scavenger Hunt. It could be called the Community Leader Challenge and users would have to do, say, 5-10 tasks set by 5-10 different leaders. We could even do it multiple times, so we'd have Leader Challenges I, II, III, and so forth, giving new leaders a chance to participate, but new users could collect them all!
Some challenges could be easier (like the sticker idea) and some could be harder (your ideas here). But it would be like an ongoing scavenger hunt. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA ! ! ! ! ! I almost choked on my coffee.... ! ! !
"Nic - lifer"
I think this is a GREAT idea. :oD My favourite one so far.
@Monique van den Berg : Building on Jack's idea, I would like a FUN MAN ANDY Badge
People earn it through use of emoji's, posting of funny gif's, getting involved in all the fun blogs, making others laugh, community-related photoshopping.... etc. etc.
OK.... so I am gonna be super honest here and admit I'm cheating a bit. I have submitted badge ideas whereby I've already done loads of task towards them and will therefore get them easily (retrospectively) by dumping evidence on Queen Mo.
So therefore herewith one I will not get so easily through retrospective:
S P E A K E R B A D G E !
1) Give a talk at an official Atlassian event: AUG, Summit, AtlasCamp, etc.
2) Make sure you get awesome pictures of it in action
3) Write about it on community and post some of the pics
Love this idea @Andy Barker - TWNKLS AR and thinking perhaps it can be divided into two flavors (like the Agile Badge). One for ACE speakers and one for Summit/AtlasCamp speakers. This give incentive to present at an ACE where, based on my days as an ACE leader, speakers are frequently needed. It would also acknowledge the greater effort to submit and prep for a conference talk.
@Monique van den Berg- love to hear you thoughts on this topic!
We have a new challenge badge launching today: time for a Group Hug! To earn this badge, be a member of at least three of our groups and participate in at least one of them on an ongoin...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events