What is the function of group posts in community?

It looks like a new category. It hasn't appeared before yesterday

post.png

2 comments

Mirek Community Champion Jun 08, 2018

Seems like a new feature .. Maybe group posts - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Groups/ct-p/groups :)

We launched groups functionality yesterday and are doing a small pilot with a few starter groups. Release notes and more information coming soon! If anything breaks or looks weird, please let us know. 😊

If there's a group you want to start, this is the suggestion thread. We started with the top two vote-getters in this thread. 

Thanks for your reply

Sebastien Jacques Community Champion Jun 12, 2018

@Monique van den Berg, I like the way this is going!

From looking at the Austin user group, I can't watch the group without becoming a member. I'd love to keep up with what's going on in Austin, yet I'm really a member of the Dallas group (can't wait to have it listed):

Should users be allowed to watch without becoming members?

Monique van den Berg Community Manager Wednesday

@Sebastien Jacques this is good feedback! Right now joining and watching are one action but this is a good argument that it should be two. Thanks for the idea!

Who is your Dallas AUG Leader? We can work with them to get the group going -- especially if you volunteer to help run the online portion of it, that might help it get prioritized earlier! 😉 We want to make sure we have someone actively managing the group online and it may not always ben the same person/people being active IRL.

Sebastien Jacques Community Champion Thursday

@Monique van den Berg, I'm the Dallas AUG Leader! :-) ... with 3 others.
We have a meeting tonight. I will check with the team how ready we are for leading this community group and will get back to you tomorrow.

Monique van den Berg Community Manager Thursday

@Sebastien Jacques hey that's great! Definitely gives you an advantage since you will be able to help on the online side of things. Let me know what you decide!

Sebastien Jacques Community Champion Friday

@Monique van den Berg, it's a go! Let's get the Dallas AUG group rolling!

Monique van den Berg Community Manager Friday

Woo hoo! @Celina Zamora-Torres can help you with next steps! 

Comment

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 31, 2018 in Feedback & Announcements

Junebug monthly challenge badge is now live!

Here’s what happened in May: thousands of you earned the Merry May badge. Thousands! I have faith that you can all repeat this feat in June. This month’s challenge is to post in at least 25 di...

36,966 views 37 20
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you