What is the function of group posts in community?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2018

It looks like a new category. It hasn't appeared before yesterday

post.png

13 answers

0 votes
Celina Zamora August 8, 2018

You're all set as an admin @Sebastien Jacques :) 

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2018

@Monique vdB, thank you & @Celina Zamora-Torres! I have joined the group.

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 7, 2018

@Sebastien Jacques here is your group! Once you've joined let me know and I can make you an admin. :) 

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 22, 2018

Woo hoo! @Celina Zamora can help you with next steps! 

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Monique vdB, it's a go! Let's get the Dallas AUG group rolling!

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 21, 2018

@Sebastien Jacques hey that's great! Definitely gives you an advantage since you will be able to help on the online side of things. Let me know what you decide!

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

@Monique vdB, I'm the Dallas AUG Leader! :-) ... with 3 others.
We have a meeting tonight. I will check with the team how ready we are for leading this community group and will get back to you tomorrow.

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 20, 2018

@Sebastien Jacques this is good feedback! Right now joining and watching are one action but this is a good argument that it should be two. Thanks for the idea!

Who is your Dallas AUG Leader? We can work with them to get the group going -- especially if you volunteer to help run the online portion of it, that might help it get prioritized earlier! 😉 We want to make sure we have someone actively managing the group online and it may not always ben the same person/people being active IRL.

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2018

@Monique vdB, I like the way this is going!

From looking at the Austin user group, I can't watch the group without becoming a member. I'd love to keep up with what's going on in Austin, yet I'm really a member of the Dallas group (can't wait to have it listed):

Should users be allowed to watch without becoming members?

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2018

Thanks for your reply

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2018

Thanks!

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 8, 2018

We launched groups functionality yesterday and are doing a small pilot with a few starter groups. Release notes and more information coming soon! If anything breaks or looks weird, please let us know. 😊

If there's a group you want to start, this is the suggestion thread. We started with the top two vote-getters in this thread. 

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2018

Seems like a new feature .. Maybe group posts - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Groups/ct-p/groups :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events