Atlassian SSO issues

Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017

Full Disclosure: I'm not sure this is where I should post this.

I may have uncovered an issue with the Atlassian SSO engine.

I work with JIRA during my day job. I log in with my work email.

I log in to Community with my personal email.

Until recently (I only figured out the potential source of my login problems a few minutes ago), that was not a problem.

Whatever site I log in to first thing in the morning will hold the credentials. Meaning if I log in to JIRA first, Community will try to use those credentials to log me in, and vice-versa. 

I figured it out by clearing my cookies in Chrome while I was logged in to both sites. I then logged back in to Community, followed by JIRA. This resulted in JIRA not giving me access to any of my projects because it saw my personal email credentials, which don't hold any rights on JIRA.

to further my point: the only way I got Community to allow me to post this very discussion was to go through Incognito mode. Otherwise, it would ask me to fix a "highlighted error" I couldn't see.

3 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 28, 2017

Hi Francis,

I think this is a fine place to post this, although I'm sorry you're having these issues! I will look into this. 

Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017

I don't know if it's related, but Atlassian posted an incident on the 24th, and another on the 26th, both related to auth services for atlassian cloud products.

Around that time, we noticed that JIRA had changed its auth tool. We had several employees who were forced to do password resets.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

Yeah, it seems if you have multiple Atlassian account you have to first loutout through someting my.atlassian.com and then you can come back to the community to login. It seems to be impossible to log out of the community and log in with a different acount without going through that step first.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 23, 2017

We just released a fix that does the following. Please let me know if this helps or if you see any issues with this:

* When you log out of community, you will be logged out of AID.

* The next time you log into community, you will be given the opportunity to select your account

* Logging out of community does not seem to instantly log you out of other AID sites like Bitbucket or Confluence/JIRA cloud.  So there does not seem to be risk of a user losing work because they logged out of community while working in another tab.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events