📣 You’re invited to try Atlassian’s newest security product, Beacon beta

Beacon - email hero 1160 x 620.png

Security teams, we’ve got exciting news for you: Beacon is now in open beta. 🎊 Be among the first to try it: Sign up here →

🔍 What’s Beacon?

Beacon is an intelligent threat detection engine, built for Atlassian cloud products with security teams in mind. With always-on monitoring, Beacon can automatically alert your team to suspicious user activity across your organization — so you can have visibility where it counts.

⚙️ How does it work?

Beacon continuously monitors your Atlassian cloud products for anomalous user activity, like:

• Data exfiltration events
  • Unusual user activity
  • Integration changes

…and more. It keeps tabs across Jira, Confluence, and your Atlassian admin hub, alerting your team to suspicious user events so you can keep your organization secure.

Take a closer look with this interactive tour:

đź’¬ What can I expect from the beta?

With Beacon beta, you’ll be able to detect, investigate, and respond to our 13+ (and growing) user activity detections across your Atlassian cloud products. Throughout beta, we’ll continue to add new detections, and more context to help you address them within your business.

As you start receiving alerts, we encourage you to share feedback and questions with our team. We’re always just a message away, whether you reach out to us via Beacon’s in-product chat, or via our Beacon group here in the community. Your beta feedback will play a pivotal feedback in shaping Beacon's development.

We can’t wait to share Beacon with you! You can sign up for the beta here. In the meantime, feel free to drop questions & comments below—our team would love to hear what you think. 👇

Quick links: 

4 comments

uÇťq
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2023

As the original security architect working on Beacon, I can hardly believe this day has finally come! 

In fact, Beacon is based off our own (award-winning) detections program. We've been using these techniques and signals to perform anomaly detection on our usage of our own products. I'm so excited to share those years of expertise with our customers as well.

We've had some early successes in our lighthouse and alpha version of this product. We can't stop catching red teams! Though kudos to those of you who did manage to evade our monitoring and inform us. With your help, we'll better defend you in the future and share that improvement across all Beacon subscribers. I wish I could share more details about these early wins, but as usual in our line of work, folks prefer to keep incident information confidential. 

Beacon will soon be enrolled in Atlassian's bug bounty, so if you're itching to do more than just try it out, stay tuned.

Like • # people like this
Anita Chen July 18, 2023

Hi,

I would like to ask a question.

Can I know who download the attachment and when he/she downloads the attachment on Jira cloud through Beacon?

Thank you.

Cami November 10, 2023

Hello @uÇťq , 

Are there currently any REST API resources/endpoints for Beacon?

Thanks!

Mark De Bont April 18, 2024

"Due to high demand, the Beacon Beta is currently closed." 

Any indication the Beta will be re-openend or available for pubic use?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events