Webinar: How to become an Atlassian Community Leader

Editor's note: You can read a recap of this webinar here.

Time and date: 11AM PDT on 8 October

RSVP link: http://bit.ly/aclwebinaroct

Who should attend: Enthusiastic Atlassian product experts who want to learn more about stepping into a leadership role within the Atlassian Community

--

Community group.JPG

I’ve seen some people with a “Community Leader” title next to their name — who are they? Do they work for Atlassian? What are their responsibilities? What are their perks?

If you’re a member of the Atlassian Community and have found yourself asking these very questions, we’re here to help! These folks are an elite group of volunteer experts who serve as connectors, ambassadors, and mentors for Atlassian, answering questions and writing articles online, as well as hosting hundreds of global events annually.

In exchange for their efforts, Leaders enjoy perks like:

• Direct access to the Atlassian team
  • Members-only spaces
  • Free vouchers for certification exams
  • Swag and more

Intrigued? Join Community Manager, Erica Moss, and current Leader, @Brittany Joiner, for an info session on what it takes to be a strong candidate for this program, and get all of your questions answered.

If you can't make it October 8 at 11AM PDT, don't worry! Sign up, and we'll send you the recording after the webinar.

RSVP here: http://bit.ly/aclwebinaroct

23 comments

Brittany Joiner September 10, 2020

Come join the party, friends!! And bring all your questions about Parks and Rec, Trello, Bananagrams, my cats, oh, and being a community leader! :)

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

@Brittany Joiner - will this webinar be as smooth as Duke Silver's sultry tunes? 🎷

I'll let my Atlassian-minded friends and associates know!

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner September 11, 2020

@Dave Liao smoother, i dare say :) 

giphy

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

This is an awesome idea!! Anyone coming here and trying to decide... PLEASE click the RSVP link.  You won't regret it!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

Sweet - looking forward to this!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

RSVP: Yes!

Like Erica Moss likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Hi @Erica Moss 

I think I've signed up for this as it won't let me register with my email, but I can't see anything in my inbox or diary - is it possible for you to check?

Thanks, Liam

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

@Liam Green Hey, Liam! Unfortunately, I'm not able to see individual data for RSVPs. I would search your spam or promo folders for "how to become an Atlassian Community Leader," or perhaps try signing up again with a different email.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2020

@Erica Moss As soon as I saw your message I thought about spam.  Our email server was blocking it!  All sorted now, thanks - will see you on the 8th!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2020

@Liam Green So glad to hear that!

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Hi Team, I am recently accessing this community forum and would like to get into the Atlassian community leader shoes. Kindly guide me.

Experience in using Jira tool: 6+ months.

Experience in using confluence: 8+ months

@Erica Moss @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2020

@G subramanyam Be sure to register for the webinar, and you can get all of your questions answered!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

@G subramanyam you might also want to check out this article that @Erica Moss posted near the end of last year that explains a bit about the leader program if you aren't familiar with it at all.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

Thank you @Erica Moss I have enrolled for the webinar.

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon for the link, I will go through the same.

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2020

I maintain 2 Atlassian accounts - one personal (as a customer) and one for my current company.  Is it OK to use my personal account to RSVP?

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2020

@Rob Horan - I mean... I did. 😉

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2020

@Rob Horan Totally!

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

Thanks @Erica Moss and @Brittany Joiner for a great webinar.  Really insightful and interesting.

I've just put my application in on the back of it - so fingers crossed!

Edit: @Darline Auguste thank you also!

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

Thank you @Erica Moss @Brittany Joiner @Darline Auguste for the quick session and QnA's. Got a nice view about community leader program and it's global reach.  Filled in my application and waiting for the first official step.

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

That's awesome @Liam Green and @G subramanyam !!

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

Thank you @Erica Moss@Brittany Joiner . and @Darlene Auguste for a great session today!

Like # people like this
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2020

Afraid I overslept and missed it, but looking forward to the recording when you send the links as RSVP'd

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2020

Love the initiative to continually expand the Community ensuring that we remain a diverse group of individuals that love helping others. 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events