🌳 Likes for Trees: the last five days and a huge announcement!

Hello, community!

As those of you who have been following our Likes for Trees progress already know, we have just crossed a major milestone: we've planted over 20,000 trees so far in places like Brazil, Nepal, Indonesia and Kenya (vote here).

But the big news is....

1 click = 2 trees? 🌳🌳

YoL8dNqh_400x400.jpeg

The Atlassian Foundation will be matching our donation, which means with their help, you are planting two trees every time you like a piece of community content and collectively, we are at 41,298 trees planted. 🎉🎉🎉

Thank you to the Atlassian Foundation for this incredible match!

Whereas our community donation will go to whichever regions get the most community votes, the Atlassian Foundation donation will go into the general fund of the Eden Reforestation projects, to fund more projects all over the world depending on where their financial need is greatest.

Eden-Stacked-Green.png

Also, for the last 5 days of this initiative, your max number of clicks per day is 100, which means everyone can plant up to 200 trees every day.

Let's hit our 30,000 tree goal, which will now actually plant 60,000 trees! I will keep updating our fundraising progress in this thread and will kick off a celebration of trees, giving, and fundraising in the comments below.  

Thank you all for your enthusiasm for this initiative and for helping us to make a difference for our climate and for communities all over the world!

25 comments

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 26, 2022

3_16_Tree_TW.gif

as Friend of Trees @Craig Nodwell would say: a tree two trees should be planted for this!

Like • # people like this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

giphy.gif_cid=ecf05e47tdpjb9e6b4egvxfbk7cp92l39yjmxiw7miy4hsf8&rid=giphy

Super great news, let's get planting!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 26, 2022

30K is right around the corner....

3000.gif

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Make an old man smile.
200 trees a day !!!
A forest should be planted for this!!

@Monique vdB Simply amazing!!
This is Rock & Roll Duty at a Rolling Stones level.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2022

Great initiative to help across the globe. Well done everyone. 

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

Great job on the match @Monique vdB - let's plant more trees! 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

Such amazing work @Monique vdB and team! Way to go!  

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

6nzarx.jpg

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

I've hit the 500 Likes badge over this initiative. 
A Tree Should Be Planted For This!!

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

giphy-downsized

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0TUgxw-MR8 

I wonder if this is the method being used to plant for all our likes?

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

I hit 129 likes for trees and now all my liking ability has frozen.  I cannot like anything more :)
But ........
A Tree Can Be Planted For This

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

And now it's fixed.  Yayyy
A Tree Should Be Planted For This.

Marina Triebe-Gravel July 26, 2022

I love this initiative! wish I'd found out about it sooner. #JiraJuly The Newsletter only came out on the 26th, I missed almost a full month of tree planting! 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 26, 2022

@Craig Nodwell I think it's flood control! I have run into that too. Wait a few minutes and try again.

@Marina Triebe-Gravel luckily you can make up for it by liking a whole bunch of stuff! For anyone just jumping in, you can like everything here (50+ likes), your favorite haikus here (50+ likes) and everything here (probably 100+ likes).   We'll let you catch up!

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

@Monique vdB Cyprus Trees like floods.
louisiana-swamp-giant-bald-cypress-trees-two-bill-swindaman.jpg

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

Mangrove trees like floods too :)

mangrove.jpg

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

This time for real I've maxed out my Likes to Plant Trees for the day. 
It's sitting in the Completed Tab.
I really do think A Tree Should Be Planted For This.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

Leaving an ASCII tree here...

scriptrunner/
├─ validators/
│ ├─ due-date.groovy
│ ├─ responsible-people.groovy
├─ public/
│ ├─ global-functions.groovy
│ ├─ hip.groovy

Teehee  ðŸŒ³ðŸŒ³

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 26, 2022

Did someone say ASCII trees? 

~~~
   ~~~~  ~~~~
 ~~~~~  ~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ~~~~~  ~~~~~
    ~~~~  ~~~~
           ~~~
              |
              |
              |
              |
           ~~~
   ~~~~  ~~~~
 ~~~~~  ~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ~~~~~  ~~~~~
    ~~~~  ~~~~
           ~~~
              |
              |
              |
              | 
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

Sample

Slightly out of season...

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 27, 2022

@Phill Fox overachiever 😉

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2022

And I'm back. 
A Tree Should Be Planted For This.

~~~
   ~~~~  ~~~~
 ~~~~~  ~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ~~~~~  ~~~~~
    ~~~~  ~~~~
           ~~~
              |
              |
              |
              | 

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2023

If my math is correct... I should have finally reached my personal goal of 1,000 trees...

I Am Groot.jpg

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events