Jolly July monthly challenge badge is live!

Challenge_2018_07@2x.png

Happy July!

For this month’s challenge, we’ll be sharing pictures — maybe of our Trello boards, or our teammates, or our most interesting product use cases.

Look for threads with the tag picture-post and include an uploaded image* in your reply to those threads. More picture-posts will be coming over the course of the month, and you are welcome to start a picture-post thread of your own if you want to; just use that tag so others can find it!

To earn the badge, you’ll need to upload images in five picture-post threads over the course of the month — and upload at least one per week.

Good luck!

*IMPORTANT NOTE: there is a known bug with posting images in discussion comments if you try to post an image and nothing else, you get an error. You will need to include some text in addition to the image.

18 comments

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2018
Emily Errico June 28, 2018

What is meant by "at least one per week"? Like, if I post five in one week, I won't get the badge? I'm being extra careful this month. :)

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 28, 2018

That's right @Emily Errico! Be sure to space out your picture posting :) 

Emily Errico June 28, 2018

@Bridget Noted!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 28, 2018

@Emily Errico I mean please feel free to do five in one week anyway. :) 

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2018

@Monique vdBDo I need to upload one image per week after creating a post?Or  create a post per week that contains at least one image?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 29, 2018

@Ollie Guan five posts that include images, and at least one per week! It doesn't matter if you're starting discussions; replies and comments count too. Does that help?

Emily Errico June 29, 2018

@Monique vdB Wow, I wish my life was so interesting that I could post five pictures per week.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2018

@Emily Errico- it's not that scary - it is 5 pictures over July, with one per week, not 5 per week

@Monique vdB- may be worth explaining the 1 per week rule?  I can see it is trying to avoid someone who might post 5 pictures on the 17th to try to meet the rule, instead of posting when there's a more community-minded "post when appropriate" idea.  But how flexible are we on the rules?  (I'm thinking of people who might post good stuff Monday, Saturday, Tuesday - mathematically, 2 weeks, but I'd argue it's 3/5 because it's the right spirit)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2018

@Monique vdBgot it ,thanks. I have create my picture-post : )

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/In-addition-to-the-Atlassian-community-what-other-ways-have-you/td-p/834515

@Monique vdBWhy is my post marked as spam?Please indicate what changes I need to make to let it legal?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2018

At the moment, there are very few posts in the community that contain the tag picture-post. Maybe people have not seen the notification of Jolly July monthly challenge.

It is recommended to put this post on the top page.

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Noted....!

Carol Jones July 13, 2018

@Monique vdB - for those getting a late start, just want to know if due to the "1 per week rule" if it even makes sense to start now or if I spread out the 5/mo if that would still work?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 13, 2018

@Carol Jones it should still work! Give it a try :) 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2018

Started late with this one but can't change it. Had no internet at home for 4 weeks - felt disturbing. :D

uwnawrl.jpg

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 20, 2018

Don't worry @Max Foerster - K15t -- you can still catch up I think! :) 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2018

Hoping I can get some grace from @Monique vdB and Bridget Sauer since I was out-of-country for three weeks of the month and didn't know about this badge until two days ago.  Perhaps pics of beautiful places like Kylemore Abbey will help my case for leniency?

IMG_5950.JPG

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 25, 2018

Omg Kylemore Abbey!!! I was doing a driving tour of Ireland solo (best vacation I've ever taken) and I didn't know this place existed. I rounded a corner and saw it and was just gobsmacked. I got to go inside and listen to nuns sing the Divine Office and it was amazing. 

(Also it does look like you got Jolly July, so hooray!) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events