Community release notes for September 12, 2017

Release notes once again from your favorite dev and mine, @Tyler Tadej. Thanks Tyler!

• New: Community brand refresh (as announced here) --new Atlassian logo and fancy new product icons
  • New: Summit Livestream pages -- a banner will appear to point you to our livestreams from this week's Summit!
  • Updated: Error copy when a post does not go through is more clear because errors are related to invalid HTML
  • Fixed: Collection sort preference will be saved; this was broken for a few days
  • Improved: The random HTML error (related to <p> tags has been addressed. Please let us know if you see improvement, or not. We are continuing to monitor on our end.

Remaining known issues:

• You may encounter errors when posting images, especially if you're trying to post only an image, or an image as the first thing in your post, or using the discussion content type. Please continue reporting these errors. 

And a note:

•  While we're on the subject of invalid HTML, the accepted HTML markup is as follows: a (href, target, title), b, i, p, u, br, em, ol, li, ul, dl, dt, pre, code, img (src, alt, title, width), span, strong, blockquote, table, tr, td, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6

Let me know if you have any questions. And come see us at Summit! 

3 comments

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

Is there a way for us to break into a source editor to strip our non-accepted HTML tags?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 29, 2017

@Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_ I think @Test User KL and @Tyler T might have a better answer than I do -- as I don't have one. :) 

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

@Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_, you could use the DevTools in your browser. At this point, we are seeing very few editor errors in our logs. One example we're seeing is empty <strong> and <em> tags which is something we can address on our side and will fix soon. If we hear feedback that it is still a big issue we can look at building an HTML view in the editor.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events