It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Community release notes for October 21, 2019

Let's jazz up Monday with some exciting Community release notes, shall we?

Important: We have a planned outage scheduled for tomorrow. The outage will last approximately 4 hours starting at 11:59pm PDT on Tuesday, October 22. (This is 7am UTC).  Make sure you keep this calming manatee photo handy, and we'll see you on the other side.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 2.45.32 PM.png

Fixed:  Have you ever been frustrated when your codeblocks didn't wrap properly?  We fixed it, and now you can revel in beautifully formatted code that doesn't do weird things. 

Improved: Ever had a session time out on you and lost your text? We've increased the time limit for those timeouts and also improved the error message, which now warns you to save your content locally.

Old error:

Session expired, please reload the page and submit the form again. 

New error:

We’re sorry, but the form cannot be submitted due to an expired token. Please copy your content locally, reload the form, and submit your post again.

New: @Erica Moss wrote a great piece for new users called Mythbusters: I'm too new to contribute to the community. Share early and often, and don't forget, we love your contributions.

That's it for today, have a great week!

7 comments

Thanks for the UTC translation for the outage :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Oct 21, 2019

Thanks @Monique van den Berg!  This is a great update.  Somehow looking at the manatee just doesn't seem to be working...  But I'm sure I can survive four hours right?...

Like # people like this

Thanks for the sharing, it's an excellent improvement.

Like Monique van den Berg likes this
Mirek Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

Yes! Finally the confusing session error would no longer show! :) But we cannot stop here :)

Now I am thinking @Monique van den Berg that would be great to have a "Copy content" button to easily in one step get whole text copied into clipboard :)

Here is even very simple JS implementation :)

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_copy_clipboard.asp

I am missing something like that to make a backups of my post when writing replies to not lose it when for example by mistake close my browser. Would be even better if in next step this functionality could do it for us for example every 5min ;)

BTW - What is the timeout now? :)

Like # people like this
carolyn french Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

Thanks for sharing these. Happy to report that my Activity Feed is working as of today! @Monique van den Berg 

Like Monique van den Berg likes this

@Mirek I believe the timeout is now several hours.  

Also I installed a browser extension recommended by @Daniel Eads that saves all the content I type automatically. It's "Typio Form Recovery"! It does exactly what you suggest and has saved me a time or two. 😉

Mirek Community Leader Oct 23, 2019

Thank you for the tip @Monique van den Berg , but does it store also username and passwords (and silently send to some site)? I am a little bit afraid of that kind of extensions to have globally in my browser. You never know what an extension is doing in the background.. 

https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/webpage-screenshot-leaks-private-data-million-users/

And this is unfortunately working only on Chrome. Would be great to do it without an extension no matter on which platform (laptop or mobile) and be safe since only copying posts content :)

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Marketplace App Review badge is now live!

If you are one of the thousands of users of a Marketplace app, then you’ll love t his month’s community badge ! All you’ll need to do to receive Novembers challenge badge is leave 2 helpful reviews o...

1,819 views 35 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you