Community release notes for January 20, 2021

Hello community friends!  Here with another issue of Community Release Notes.

Updated: The badge email template has been updated. There was a small typo in the subject line, as well as a paragraph about community groups that has been removed.

New: There have been more updates to our groups! The feature flag has turned blue, there are avatars shown in the feed with some explanatory text, and we've added a filter and sort to group content. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 12.57.42 PM.png

We also have a lot of new content worth sharing, in case you missed it:

Updated: The Cloudies progress report #10 and a thread for showing Cloudies out in the wild. There are still Cloudies available!

New: Some information on how to find questions to answer.

New: Annual report on the Community Advisory Board in 2020 and the 2020 Community Content Awards

New: The first in a new series from @Jimmy Seddon: a monthly community roundup! 

That's all for this time. Suggestions or questions? The comments are open!

8 comments

Kevan Lin January 20, 2021

Love the change to the feed!!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Thank you for the update @Monique vdB!

Like Pramodh M likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Great to hear about features I might have missed.  Thanks @Monique vdB 

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB ,

Thanks for the updates! The group pages are looking pretty good!!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB ,

Suggestion: if there are different color labels available for articles, discussions, & questions then it will be much easier to distinguish between them!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like Mohini Yaswin likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

I wonder if the software behind the Atlassian Community might ever be released as a product. Or Open Sourced? :-}

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Darryl Lee - we run on top of Khoros Communities. Khoros is a separate software company that manages the software and hosting. You can view their developer documentation here, although you'll need to sign up for a free Khoros account in order to access it.

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Eads I just signed up to take a look. Since I had to join their community, maybe I'll ask there about the possibility of expanding the data that is available when Downloading Your Community Content.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events