It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Atlassian remote-friendly software: available for FREE

Hello, Atlassian Community!

We are all on this remote journey together, and Atlassian wants to make it as easy for as many people and teams as we can.

Today we announced that small teams can now use Atlassian Cloud products at no charge, in addition to our existing free offerings for teams of all sizes. Head over to the Atlassian Blog for the full download, or check out the points below for the TLDR.

• Go to www.atlassian.com/free to access free, cloud-based editions of Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core at no charge for teams 10 people and under
  • Go to www.atlassian.com/remote to access our new remote work hub with advice on staying productive and collaborative
  • We are offering one-year subscriptions to Trello Business Class for free to educators at K-12 schools and higher education institutions

We hope these tools help you to pursue the ambitious and important goals and projects we know our Community members work on. 

Questions welcomed in the comments section below! 

4 comments

I thought they were already free for up to 10 users (3 for JSD) since Sep last year (https://www.atlassian.com/blog/platform/cloud-premium). Could you please clarify what's different about today's announcement?

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget Community Manager Mar 19, 2020

@halfday , teams of 10 or less can now get cloud-based editions of Jira Software, Confluence, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Core at no charge. These products are new to the lineup of our products that small teams can already access for free (Trello, Bitbucket, and Opsgenie) which give all types of teams a set of great capabilities for collaboration. Hope this helps to clarify! 

@Bridget  i think the question from halfday is about the number of licenses of Jira Service Desk, as far as we know we could have only 3 agents, and the rest of the products 10 licences for free.

Actually my question is about the difference between this and last September's announcement. For the past few months, if you sign up for a trial of Jira/Confluence cloud instance, you'll start receiving notifications about providing credit card details. If you ignore them for 3-4 weeks, eventually you'll get an email along the lines "we'll convert you to our free tier" and you'll end up with 10 users Cloud instance (I can't remember whether it was 1 or 3 JSD agents). 

So my question is really what's new in this week's announcement?

PS: I do appreciate Atlassian providing free tiers of their Cloud products. My Confluence instance is a great place to keep personal knowledge base or notes and the free Jira instance is a very convenient option to try different configurations/automations/integrations.

Like Patricia_Francezi likes this

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Atlassian Authors Awards

We created the Atlassian Authors program in 2019 to give more Community members the permissions to write Articles, along with the inspiration and tools to help them succeed. Since then, the program...

1,420 views 20 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you