Enterprise Connections: Team 2021

Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

If you haven't already partaken in the previous Enterprise Connections check them out!

Team 2021, what an exciting time, and can’t forget the bow tie - check out the charity auction if you haven’t already!

The announcements brought forth a lot of great things. These included Compass, a massive overhaul of the current way DevOps teams can interact with Atlassian tools. Jira Work Management, a dedicated way for non-software or IT teams to interact within Jira, while still interacting within the same platform, creating an even more collaborative environment. Along with many other great enhancements to their current toolsets, such as support for multiple identity providers within their built-in SSO integration in Jira Data Center and the improvements in Data Center to the Custom Field optimizer.

What features are you most looking forward to? Which environments do you primarily work out of, Cloud, Data Center or a hybrid environment? What changes will benefit your users and what impacts do you see these changes giving them?

7 comments

Comment

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

I'm looking forward to all the "cloud-only" features being made available in datacenter versions.  I would love to introduce my client to JWM but they are locked into on-prem by multi-governmental agency regulations.

Like # people like this
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

I would love this. So many good features would benefit a lot of teams

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2021

1000%.

For teams that have to be Data Center (or simply prefer it), having some Cloud features appear in DC would be much appreciated. 🙏

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2021

Being a cloudie I am interested in key DC features as well. 😉

Like Dave Liao likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Clark Everson 

The truth is that I have not had time to try it, but we will get to work

Cheers

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

👋 What features are you looking to try @Vero Rivas ?

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

I personally like the Cloud versions, given it's tenancy model, plug N play and lightweight in terms of set up and cost implementation. And looking forward to explore the JWM.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

Agreed! Cloud is getting lighter in performance too. 😊

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2021

Definitely interested in trying Compass - I'd love to see Atlassian extend the concepts in Compass to Jira and Confluence.

For example, the concept of an Owner for wiki spaces is simple but not pushed enough. Teach users how to govern without actually saying the word "governance". 😉

Native metadata in Jira projects would help people understand the relationship between projects. Project categories are nice, but being able to assign multiple categories would be nice too.

While I spend most of my days on on-premise Jira, I also spend time in Cloud environments. Par for the course...

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2021

I need to invest sometime learning about roadmaps in Datacenter. It is hard when you barely work with some features in Jira. 😔

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

The best way to learn is to use the features for yourself - I should make a personal roadmap to figure out when I'll get things done. My life is complicated enough without worrying about my work job! 😅

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Looking forward 
Definitely interested in trying Compass)

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2021

@Clark Everson  - Thanks for sharing. I am mostly in Cloud and there are different decisive NFRs for people opting for these though I have used Server based earlier.

Cheers

Suvradip

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2021

NFRs are in non-functional requirements?

Have you enjoyed Cloud so far compared to Server?

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2021

@Dave Liao  - Yes, Non-functional requirements, sorry typed acronyms. To be honest,  I love both but in recent times mostly cloud so I can say a bit inclined towards cloud.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2021

I love TLAs! 💥

What has made you like Cloud more than Server these days?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events