Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Enterprise Connections: Team 2021 Edited

Clark Everson Community Leader May 05, 2021

If you haven't already partaken in the previous Enterprise Connections check them out!

Team 2021, what an exciting time, and can’t forget the bow tie - check out the charity auction if you haven’t already!

The announcements brought forth a lot of great things. These included Compass, a massive overhaul of the current way DevOps teams can interact with Atlassian tools. Jira Work Management, a dedicated way for non-software or IT teams to interact within Jira, while still interacting within the same platform, creating an even more collaborative environment. Along with many other great enhancements to their current toolsets, such as support for multiple identity providers within their built-in SSO integration in Jira Data Center and the improvements in Data Center to the Custom Field optimizer.

What features are you most looking forward to? Which environments do you primarily work out of, Cloud, Data Center or a hybrid environment? What changes will benefit your users and what impacts do you see these changes giving them?

6 comments

I'm looking forward to all the "cloud-only" features being made available in datacenter versions.  I would love to introduce my client to JWM but they are locked into on-prem by multi-governmental agency regulations.

Like # people like this
Clark Everson Community Leader May 06, 2021

I would love this. So many good features would benefit a lot of teams

Dave Liao Community Leader May 07, 2021

1000%.

For teams that have to be Data Center (or simply prefer it), having some Cloud features appear in DC would be much appreciated. 🙏

Like # people like this
Jack Community Leader Jun 13, 2021

Being a cloudie I am interested in key DC features as well. 😉

Like Dave Liao likes this
Vero Rivas Community Leader May 08, 2021

Hi @Clark Everson 

The truth is that I have not had time to try it, but we will get to work

Cheers

Dave Liao Community Leader May 09, 2021

👋 What features are you looking to try @Vero Rivas ?

G subramanyam Community Leader May 09, 2021

I personally like the Cloud versions, given it's tenancy model, plug N play and lightweight in terms of set up and cost implementation. And looking forward to explore the JWM.

Like # people like this

Agreed! Cloud is getting lighter in performance too. 😊

Definitely interested in trying Compass - I'd love to see Atlassian extend the concepts in Compass to Jira and Confluence.

For example, the concept of an Owner for wiki spaces is simple but not pushed enough. Teach users how to govern without actually saying the word "governance". 😉

Native metadata in Jira projects would help people understand the relationship between projects. Project categories are nice, but being able to assign multiple categories would be nice too.

While I spend most of my days on on-premise Jira, I also spend time in Cloud environments. Par for the course...

Like # people like this
Fadoua Community Leader May 23, 2021

I need to invest sometime learning about roadmaps in Datacenter. It is hard when you barely work with some features in Jira. 😔

Dave Liao Community Leader May 24, 2021

The best way to learn is to use the features for yourself - I should make a personal roadmap to figure out when I'll get things done. My life is complicated enough without worrying about my work job! 😅

Looking forward 
Definitely interested in trying Compass)

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you