Welcome to the Enterprise group - please introduce yourself! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021

Welcome to the Enterprise group! I'm Dave, one of the Group Leads. I'm a volunteer moderator, not an Atlassian employee.

What brings you to this group?

Are there topics you want to learn about? Comment below and let the Community know. Or ask a question. (But first, search to see if your question's been asked before.)

Introduce yourself. Go ahead, don't be shy!

Questions or not, please introduce yourself. ๐Ÿ™

What IS the Enterprise group?

This group is a space to share best practices and discuss approaches to solving the many challenges an enterprise might face.

But what makes an enterprise? The amount of business it conducts? The number of teammates? How big IS a bread box? And where does the Enterprise group begin and end? Meta, right?

This group is also what you make it. Ask questions you want to see answered, and empower others where you can share knowledge.

๐Ÿ‘‰ Did you know: Atlassian Community has many Enterprise-adjacent groups that you may find of interest:

• Compliance - Is your on-premise or Cloud tooling stack meeting with SOX, GDPR, HIPAA, or whatever standards your organization needs to follow? (And speaking of HIPAA - there's the Research & Healthcare industry group...)
  • Agile - Project or portfolio management enthusiasts, join up! Interested in implementing Agile at scale - or already doing so?
  • Trust & Security - In this era of hacking incidents, information security is front and center for many. Stay protected and aware of the latest trends.

About Dave: As mentioned, I'm a volunteer contributor on Atlassian Community. When I'm not spelunking in Jira, I'm dreaming about my next cup of coffee.

70 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2021
Like โ€ข # people like this
Yacarely Mairena March 18, 2021

Hello @Dave Liao ,

Thank you for the warm welcome and for sharing the Atlassian Enterprise-adjacent groups.

I am an IT Project Manager, but I am somewhat new to the Atlassian world. I am here to learn best practices and read up on people's experience working with integrated solutions from Atlassian.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

@Yacarely Mairena - welcome to the group! ๐Ÿ‘‹

What tool(s) are you using to manage your projects? I've been using Jira for awhile, and I've also used Trello for smaller scale projects.

Like โ€ข Craig Nodwell likes this
Madison Luu March 29, 2021

Hello @Dave Liao and Everyone, 

Thank you for the welcome. I have only been using Atlassian for a few years and I know there are a ton of things I still need to learn. 

I am a Project Manger for a small financial firm in  Los Angeles.  We manage different types of projects using traditional waterfall to agile methodologies. 

We mainly use Jira and Workfront as our main tools. 

Have a good Week!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2021

Tagging @Clark Everson ๐Ÿ˜‚

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2021

I introduced myself in the footer of this discussion thread - but to answer my own question "What brings you to this group?"

For me, it's finding the right solutions for the right situation. Tools like Jira are endlessly configurable for teams of every size. When using Jira at a large operation, there are features more suited to deploy and manage at scale. I'm hoping to find solutions and discuss possibilities I hadn't thought of on this group.

My interest is mostly from a tooling perspective, but I do appreciate policy and governance.

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 18, 2021

Hello Enterprise friends! I'm Mandy Ross, and I'm the Atlassian Community Program Manager for Product and Design. Along with @Dave Liao and @Grace Chang, I'll be your cruise director here in the Enterprise group! 

What does that mean? Well, I'm here to help connect our amazing Community with our Product and Design teams! We're hoping to learn more about how the Community can help Enterprise customers provide feedback to Atlassian, and understand how Community can best benefit our Enterprise end users and Admins! In particular, I want to learn more about your journey to the Cloud and how that impacts your life on the daily. 

Welcome aboard the Atlassian SS Enterprise! (see what I did there?)

enterprise.jpeg

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

Glad that you made a Star Trek reference!

Hmm, opportunities for interesting future articles?

• how Jira would be used in Engineering
  • Confluence templates for away teams
  • and Starfleet tool governance? ๐Ÿš€
Simone March 18, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao @Mandy Ross  and Enterprise friends. 

I work in a SAFe agile/LPM type environment - (not fully agile, but getting better).  I am a Product Manager, previously Product Owner, and use Jira, and Confluence fairly heavily, including teaching and encouraging others.    I'm fairly tools orientated - always looking to see how I can use them better, differently or just more.

I joined this community because we use enterprise solutions but I feel we can use them better so I'm looking to learn more and have a platform to seek information from, as well as a group to ask and share knowledge with, and understand pain points as well.   There is a lot I would like to know more about, so hopefully this will be a good starting point for me.

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 19, 2021

Welcome @Simone !! You're in the right place!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

Welcome Simone!

The journey to full SAFe adoption never ends, but that keeps things interesting. The fact that your org is getting better is good to hear. ๐Ÿ’ช

Grace Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hello Enterprise allies! My name is Grace and I'm a Product Marketer here at Atlassian focused on building our Enterprise Cloud programs that help customers like you get the most of your products, ensuring you're up to date on all the new features, and even ensuring that you're on the right plan.

I'm partnering with @Dave Liao and @Mandy Ross to help make this community an enjoyable part of your day where you can hang with us -- whether it's through asking questions, quietly lurking, or sharing product feedback (good/bad/neutral, we want it all!)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

@Grace Chang - looking forward to hearing more about enterprise plans - whether we're talking pricing plans, or paths enterprise users can take to make the most of their Atlassian infrastructure!

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

This group is in the right hands with @Dave Liao , @Mandy Ross and @Grace Chang .

However, I need to reveal a secret, in this journey, Dave needs coffee despite I tried to convince him to change to orange juice... or mate ;)

I am joining to the group so I can learn more about the challenges faced by enterprise instances. And as Dave mentioned, I would like to ask the same question when an instance is big enough to be considered an Enterprise? Is the end user having the same experience or affected by the size of the platform?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

@Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) - give up coffee? Never.

giphy

That said, welcome! We can use your expertise here! ๐Ÿ™

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Great to have you here @Grace Chang !  Thanks for joining this little corner of the Communi-verse.  It's good to know the product teams are interested in what the "big dogs", with regard to size, are coping with in their somewhat unique use cases.

Cheers!

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2021

Hello Everyone, I'm Jayesh Baviskar & newbie community leader from Pune India.

In my current organization, we use Enterprise edition for Atlassian tools. I couldn't able to resist myself for joining this group to know more about best practices being followed all over the world & the pain points & its workarounds.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

@Jayesh Baviskar - hi Jayesh, welcome to the group!

Thanks for running ACEs from Pune, I need to join a meeting one of these days (if you ever do a lunch time event!). ๐Ÿ˜Š

Grace Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2021

Welcome welcome @Jayesh Baviskar ! 

John Dunkelberg March 19, 2021

Hello all.  When I think of an Enterprise solution I think of meeting needs for scaling and robustness.  I'm interested to know how Atlassian plans to meet the challenge of operating Jira and Confluence at ever increasing scale while keeping performance and stability high.  There are certainly places where we feel that the fast-growing past of these applications has left substantial technical debt and process gaps that need to be addressed.

I'm also very interested to hear from others who operate in larger scale instances what you are doing to keep your system going!

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 19, 2021

@John Dunkelberg have you checked out Jira Align? It's the Atlassian solution for scaling agile to the enterprise! 

@Mandy Ross we have, but that's not the dimension of scaling I'm thinking of.  If anything Jira Align increases the challenge here.

For instance, what are Atlassian's guidelines to keep a performant index as your instance approaches or surpasses 1M issues?  The Archive capability has proven to only be a first step, not ready to handle scale, doesn't work with subtasks or issue links.

What tools/processes can/should we use to clean up after Inactive Users?  Unused Boards?  Unused Filters and Dashboards?  How can we even identify boards, filters, and dashboards that are not being used?

How can we keep the system robust in the face of organizational change?  When teams change name/focus, when is it worth trying to change the project key?  Recently we had two large departments change name, and they're not thrilled that their old name is reflected in their project keys and project categories.

I'd guess that you're exactly the right person to talk to about these use cases, and how Atlassian envisions this for the future.  There is a very exciting future path here, both for my company and for Atlassian's other Enterprise customers, and I do appreciate that these are not easy questions and are probably tied to a lot of technical debt, as I referenced before.  As a Program Manager myself, I'm sympathetic to the challenge.  As a customer, I still want answers. :)

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 19, 2021

Hey John, I'm a former scaled agile program manager myself, so I do understand the pain that you're going through and am very familiar with the challenges you face! But you're right, I'm not the right person to speak for Atlassian's enterprise strategy, especially for your particular use cases. That being said, in this group we endeavor to address your concerns and what you've listed is a great starting point. cc: @Grace Chang 

Thanks for bringing your expertise to the Community! 

Paula Hidalgo March 19, 2021

@John Dunkelberg The only way I have found to identify boards, filters, dashboards, projects etc. of inactive users is via API calls.  I then process the JSON output into Excel and filter on the active = false to identify which ones need to get new owners.  Atlassian does provide some indication of filter usage in the UI when you click on the delete action for a filter.  

I am also faced with users unhappy with their project keys as the organization changes and evolves.  Fortunately I was able to convince the users to ignore the key by changing the project category. 

Hi @Paula Hidalgo !

We use "AND assignee in inactiveUsers() ", the Excel dump approach is one I'll definitely consider in the future.  But to clarify, in this case I'm referring to Filters, Boards, Dashboards that may be inactive in terms of their current use, not necessarily whether the owner/creator of that object is an inactive user.  Both are areas of hygiene that are troubling.

I'm not sure what you mean about the keys vs category.  Is that because your queries have shifted from using project key to instead using a category that covers the projects in question?  That's an interesting approach, though now you'll have to worry that when that category changes it will break all of the queries you have that rely on it.  I see in your intro post you mention you use Cloud, while we're using Data Center, so it's also quite possible there is a nuance there that separates the two.

Thanks!

Gaby Cardona
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2021

Hi @John Dunkelberg

I'm Gaby and I'm a technical PMM on the Enterprise Marketing team and I've been focused on all things performance and scale for Data Center over the last year.

As we think about how to help our self-managed customers scale, we're approaching it a number of ways. One of the biggest things that we've done is build scale enhancements directly into the products. I wrote this post that talks about the changes we've made over the last year and the performance and scale improvements we've seen as a result of these changes.  

We've also been building more data hygiene related features. For Jira Software and Jira Service Management, we're adding more functionality that make it easier to clean-up your custom fields. For Confluence, we're adding file and page management, so you can reduce the number of pages and attachments - and we have space archiving available today. You'll also be able to use the new Analytics feature to help you identify what items you can clean-up. 

To provide some additional guidance, we created these clean-up guides that provide some best practices and recommendations on how to clean-up your instance. On the homepage, there is a link to a Team (formally Summit) session where AppDynamics talks about how they approached their clean-up project on Data Center. 

Additionally, I'll be doing a breakout session at Team 21 that covers how we're approaching performance and scale for both cloud and Data Center - specifically from an enterprise perspective. 

If you have more question, let me know and I'm happy to help!

John Dunkelberg March 22, 2021

Thanks @Gaby Cardona I've just skimmed over those guides and will be passing them on to review in more detail with others.  I'm glad to see we're already working on several of the things there (archiving inactive projects and issues) and already have others in place (our users are sync'd with Active Directory, so they are inactive upon departure, though AD sync has other problems). We're definitely looking forward to other benefits you mention when we update to the latest LTS later this spring.

I definitely will look forward to your session at Team 21!

One thing we aren't clear on is the impact of unused filters, boards, and dashboards. For instance the "View on Board" is a notorious problem vs number of boards already as I'm sure your team knows from the comments on the support issues, but we're not as sure about the impact of these objects other than the difficulty they present in cluttering up human attempts to search.  From you and your team's work, should we be concerned about these?

Gaby Cardona
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2021

Hi @John Dunkelberg

I just wanted to let you know, I've reached out directly to the Jira PM and developers so that I can get an answer on your last question. Will report back and glad the other resources were helpful :D 

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2021

@John Dunkelberg While I cannot comment on all the problems you brought up, I was directly involved in fixing some of the performance impact that large numbers of boards have on the whole system. The first improvements will land in 8.16 and there will be more improvements in 8.17. Note that these mostly address the overall impact on the system - unfortunately, to my knowledge, no work has been done for "View on Board" specifically.

John Dunkelberg March 26, 2021

Thanks @Przemek Bruski , both for the note and for the performance work!  We stick to LTS releases, so I'll look forward to seeing that in the next LTS.  Right now we plan to move to 8.13.x in a few months after a big internal milestone.

The "View on Board" is a puzzle for me.  In a large system I'm not clear on the use case for it outside of debugging scenarios.  That's complicated by a number of users who have made personal Kanban boards where the filters targets assignee=currentuser, so from a system point of view they can potentially contain all issues.  I'm not sure how "smart" Jira is about that kind of scenario, though from previous (and perhaps out of date) community threads in the past I understand it has been quite a problem in the past.

Paula Hidalgo March 19, 2021

Hello all.  Our company has been using Jira Cloud for 2 years.  We outgrew Portfolio for Jira and searched for an Enterprise solution.  We decided to go with the Jira-Jira Align combo for our solution. We have just started our journey to adopt Jira Align.

I am part of a team which provides tools to our engineers to develop our products.  I support tools used in the project/program management space in the development process.  I share the administration of our Jira Cloud with a couple other Jira Admins.  We leverage templates and standard design patterns to enable support of our 6K users.

I joined this group to get a wider range of best practices (to date, I have heavily relied on Rachel Wright's Jira Strategy Admin Workbook) and to share tips/tricks/pitfalls.

When I am not deep diving into the wonderful world of Jira, I'm playing ice hockey.

I'm really encouraged to hear that @Paula Hidalgo ! We're on Data Center now but will want to keep an eye on Cloud.  It wasn't ready for our size when we made our initial choice, but at 6K users you're a shade larger than we are right now, so it'll be great to hear about your experience!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

@Paula Hidalgo - love that you're exploring Jira Align! I just attended a Philadelphia ACE event where a partner gave a demo of Jira Align.

Good call on Rachel Wright's strategy guide - it's on my wish list!

I noticed you mentioned your team uses standards (like templates) to support a large user population. Does your company use Confluence also?

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

@Paula Hidalgo  a great start with @Rachel Wright book. There are a lot of good pieces of advice there. One of them was very important to me, the creation of a government body, we called The Atlassian Steering Committee to be sure we engage those that have a skin on the game and could be affected by any drastic decision the team make.

It is not perfect but helpful. Best wishes in your journey

Paula Hidalgo April 7, 2021

@Dave Liao - We do use the Standard Confluence.  We have an Access Subscription as well.

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 20, 2021

Hi,

I'm Gorka, product manager and co-founder of RoninPixels. We are a Marketplace Partner working on a product with a strong emphasis on enterprise organizations.

I'm here to learn about people's concerns on this area, and help others whenever I can!

I love Confluence! although lately we are more focused on Jira. I like practising wrestling, grappling, bjj and snowboarding. I live with three cats that help me with my PM tasks, love good craft beers and fancy wines.

Grace Chang
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2021

Welcome @Gorka Puente _Appfire_ ! It's always nice to have additional Product Meownagers on hand. 

Any focus areas on Jira?

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2021

In Jira, on one hand we're focused on simplifying data visualization (dashboards, charts, metrics, gadgets...) for enterprise, ITSM and Agile teams. On the other hand, we're working on smoothing the journey to cloud by providing Hybrid Dashboards: Dashboards that display data from server, data center and/or cloud instances equally ๐Ÿ˜บ ๐Ÿ˜บ ๐Ÿ˜บ 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2021

Welcome Gorka! Love your company's fresh take on dashboards - and glad to see another meownager on Community!

I used to be a project manager (and a product manager, briefly) and I typically have cat co-workers keeping me on-task. They're ruthless taskmasters. ๐Ÿ˜ผ

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
March 23, 2021

Hey @Dave LiaoYes, these little furries always help me out with my tasks and video calls (they always pass at least once in front of the camera)!

RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
March 24, 2021

Hi Everyone! My name's RJ Gazarek, and I'm a Sr PM on the Enterprise Cloud team, focused primarily on Data Management (so I'm the Data Residency and Backup/Restore guy).  

I'm currently running some closed groups on those two topics, and if anyone has any questions about those, also happy to answer them here or anywhere else.  I've also put out a topic for an ACE event on our topic board to present on these subjects, if any ACE Leaders are interested in picking it up :) 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

@RJ Gazarek - welcome aboard the Enterprise group!

Your name looked familiar; I recall your update on Data Residency being offered to Standard and Premium plans! ๐Ÿ‘

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hello friends, and greetings from Central Texas! I'm Bil Bailey and have been Confluencing for 8+ years. We are a Confluence/Jira server house, and are looking to migrate to Data Center towards year's end, so need to come up to speed. And while I have a lot of experience as a Confluence admin, I am still learning Jira (trying to stay 15 min ahead of my users ;-) )

We use Confluence as an Intranet, so also looking at having a public instance as well in the near future. A GDPR comes in to play at that point.

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 25, 2021

Welcome Bill! Great to have you in the group!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

@Bill Bailey - howdy Bill! Where in Central Texas are you now? I lived in Austin for a minute! ๐Ÿฎ

Glad you're making the move to Data Center - both Jira and Confluence DC have a smattering of quality of life improvements that come in handy for admins like us.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2021

I am in the BCS metroplex ;-) Better known as Bryan/College Station.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

@Bill Bailey - nice! I've passed through on my way to/from Houston!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Hi @Bill Bailey - do you ever attend Austin, DFW, or Houston ACE's?  If not, we'd love to have you, especially while we're all meeting virtually!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021
Kushal Amin March 30, 2021

Hello to the group and thank you Dave !

I'm based in sunny San Diego, California. Majority of my career has been focused on Project, Program management and for the past few years on agile transformation within the vertical that I'm part of within my org and also on coaching stakeholders and teams on agile. My core focus always has been on reducing wastage in everything that we do as a team or as an org and of late implementing CI/CD pipelines, leading to an effective DevOps culture.

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 30, 2021

Welcome @Kushal Amin ! I love San Diego and visit as often as I can. Enjoy the sun! 

Majbritt.Rothgarn March 29, 2021

Hello all. 

I am from Copenhagen, Denmark and Head of Project Management, QA and Release. I am also our Jira administrator. We are in a middle of a big IT turn around and a part of it is to implement agile processes. We started with Jira,Software and now also use Confluence, Insight and  very soon Service Management.

In my previos job I was system administrator in ServiceNow, and have only worked with Jira for 1 year.

In my sparetime I knit, read, bake and sing - not at the same time :-)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

@Majbritt.Rothgarn - now I'm trying to figure out the combination of activities that can be executed simultaneously:

• knitting and singing - quite possible
  • reading, baking, and singing - somewhat possible, if reading recipes counts as reading ๐Ÿ˜‰ I imagine the quality of the baked product might be poor?
  • reading and singing - probably wouldn't be a very effective reading session ๐Ÿ˜‚
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 30, 2021

Welcome @Majbritt.Rothgarn ! I also love to knit! Glad to have you here!

Tilo Schneider
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

Dear Community,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I work at one of the largest dairy company in Germany as an Application Manager and take care of the implementation of processes in IT systems. Besides JSM we use Confluence and Jira and use it more and more, even outside typical IT use cases.
I am also one of the Community Leaders in Bremen and in my free time I like to travel and take pictures, preferably both together.

Cheers,
Tilo

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 30, 2021

Welcome @Tilo Schneider ! Always great to have more Leaders in our Enterprise group!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

@Tilo Schneider - love this. It seems that the number of teams using uncommon IT use cases is actually quite common. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Tilo Schneider
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

@Dave Liao - It's becoming more and more and the benefits are being recognized by more and more people. When I look back two to three years, it was at least still quite different for us.

The most common use cases are Service Management for HR, Facility Management or plant maintenance and it's easy to explain the added value.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

Hi to the Enterprise Group,

totally forgot to introduce myself. Working as a one-woman-show for knowledge management and communication in Germany. Mostly Confluence (Server - but would love moving to Cloud) but also JSD and Jira. I'm the Atlassian enthusiast at the company and would love to hear how other companies work, find solutions and doing their journey to cloud (especially GDPR....) especially when acting worldwide.

No idea how I could miss this group all this time - cu hopefully in one of the ACEs, discussions or IRL (some day)

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
March 30, 2021

Welcome @Fabienne Gerhard ! Love to see our Community Leaders here!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

@Fabienne Gerhard - hi Fabienne! Good seeing you here! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

Thank you so much for your warm welcome words ๐Ÿ˜Š

Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2021

Hello, I'm Marshall Walker Lee. I am the Learning Experience Lead for Atlassian University. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2021

๐Ÿ‘‹ Ooh, great! Welcome!

I'm pondering writing an article on training options for companies who want to roll out Atlassian products, or just to refresh anyone who could use a deeper knowledge of any product.

Matthew Stublefield
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2021

Hi everyone! My name is Matthew Stublefield and I'm the Head of Education for Adaptavist. We're an Atlassian Platinum Partner and do everything from consulting to hosting, licensing, plugin and custom development, and training. My team develops eLearning for both Atlassian applications and our apps and also writes product documentation among other things.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

Welcome @Matthew Stublefield it's good to see you here. 

Learning and development is super important to companies of any size, thanks for doing your part to help with that effort! 

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 1, 2021

Welcome Matthew! Our pal @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- has been keeping Community nice and warm for Adaptavist! Nice to have you here!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2021

Hi @Dave Liao , Thanks for sharing this welcome post for Enterprise group. Sorry, I saw it a bit late.

I am very grateful to be part of this group. Hope I can get to learn and share a lot as and when I get sometime!

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 2, 2021

Welcome @Taranjeet Singh ! Happy to see another Leader joining us!! 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2021

Glad to see you here! It's good to see a Community Leader on here that I've actually met in Real Life(tm) ๐Ÿ˜†

Grace Chang
Atlassian Team
April 2, 2021

Welcome @Taranjeet Singh !! We looks forward to your learnings and sharing :) 

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2021

Hi I am Alex.

I am the admin of a small jira server instance in our company, which only my department uses.
This it not my main job, only 5% of my time.

We also have a big company jira instance, to which we may migrate sometime (when they allow me to do all my custom mods in their instance ;) )

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 5, 2021

Welcome @Alexander Pappert ! 

Dave
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2021

Hi, I'm Dave. I'm an engineering manager on the Advanced Roadmaps team and I'm particularly interested in learning more about how larger customers are using Advanced Roadmaps - both the successes and the challenges that they're having with it!

Regards,

Dave

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2021

It'll be easy to remember your name! Welcome @Dave , glad to have you aboard. ๐Ÿ™

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2021

and now we have full power in the house Dave^2 ;) Welcome, Dave.

One thing I would like to know more about it is when a company decides to move from Advanced Roadmap (formerly called Portfolio to Jira) into Jira Align.
I love to see the power of both products but the challenge I always have is to be sure my team understands how all the pieces are working together and how high the impact is when one of the team members is not doing his/her part.

Dave
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2021

That's a great question @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California) - but not really one that I'm best equipped to answer. Unfortunately I don't have very much personal experience with Jira Align so I'm not best placed to answer this question. 

However I would like to dig more into your comment about the impact of one team member is not doing their part? We're currently exploring individual capacity planning for Advanced Roadmaps but this is more in terms of planning rather than reporting on work assigned to an individual. Or is this not so much about effort but rather making sure that the individual pieces of the puzzle (i.e issues in a dependency chain) are addressed?

Regards,

Dave

Tom O'Connor
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2021

@Fabian A_ Lopez _Community Leader - Argentina_ Florida_ California_

I'd start here at this link which does a great job of comparing functionality between Advanced Roadmaps and Jira Align. 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/agile-at-scale/portfolio-and-align

That said, Advanced roadmaps works really well within a single program or teams of teams.  Jira Align really addressed the need for Enterprise organizations with Agile@Scale at the Enterprise level that has multiple portfolios and what we describe as programs of programs that has teams of teams.  Jira Align provides visibility and alignment of Strategy and Execution.  Reach out to Atlassian should you want more information or details. 

Here is an updated Jira Align overview video from Atlassian!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhGufqJqwH4

Nicholette Daniel April 19, 2021

Hi everyone! My name is Nicholette Daniel and I am a Seattle Atlassian Community Leader (alongside the fabulous @Lisa Dawson) and Director of Business Operations at a fast-growing global technology consulting firm.

We're currently using Atlassian Cloud (Confluence, Jira, Jira Service Desk) and I'm the most interested in learning more about how others areโ€”or aren't because of lessons learnedโ€”leveraging Atlassian tools and partner apps/integrations to power their enterprise operations and collaboration with a focus on:

• Confluence as an intranet <<super interested>>
  • Tips for how you've quickly onboarding employees to Atlassian tools
  • Building and designing workflows/IA for flexibility, scalability, and extensibility
  • Administration tips

Excited to join this group as a contributor and consumer! 

giphy

Dave
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2021

Welcome to the group @Nicholette Daniel !

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

@Nicholette Daniel - "or aren't because of lessons learned" - that's a brave conversation of sorts! ๐Ÿ™

We should be honest about our solutions and how they're not necessarily universally-applicable. Of course it's a balancing act: I strive to make everyone happy, but it ends up being an 80/20 ratio. ๐Ÿ˜‚

The fact that Atlassian is part of this forum makes me hopeful that they'll learn from our collective lessons learned to improve their products.

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 20, 2021

Welcome @Nicholette Daniel ! I'm also in Washington state (Lewis County) and had the pleasure of presenting at a Seattle meetup in 2019. I'd love to come back for another visit when things are back in person! 

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Dear All,

My name is  Moses,  i 'm trilled to introduce myself. I live in Krakow, Poland. I'm Currently working as an Automation Solutions Developer(Authorized officer) at UBS.

I love running, gym, soccer and reading books. The Atlassian stack are my babies :D

I am happy to Join the group :) 

Cheers!

Dave
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2021

Welcome to the group @Moses Thomas !

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

@Dave Thank you !

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

@Moses Thomas - good to see you in this group, too!

Reading any good Atlassian books? I heard the "Jira Strategy Admin Workbook" is pretty good! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

Hi to all you enterprise folk ๐Ÿ‘‹

My name is Laura and I head up the marketing team at Automation Consultants - An Atlassian Platinum Solutions Partner and Gold Marketplace Vendor. 

I'm most interested in hearing about the challenges you all face within an enterprise and the best practices/lessons learned as you go along. 

Thanks for having me, I'm very excited to join this group hopefully as both a contributor and a listener. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

I've found that solutions made at a smaller company can still apply at larger operations. I wonder what you've seen in the field that you can share!

How can solution providers (partners, small consultancies, and embedded admins) identify and apply solutions consistently across an org? Across clients? Across industries? Glad you're here - the more, the merrier! ๐Ÿ‘‹

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 20, 2021

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ Welcome! We welcome your contributions and are really looking forward to learning alongside you! 

Evan Underwood-Harley
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2021

Hi All ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm Evan and I'm a lead Atlassian engineer at Capgemini, working with a range of global clients to implement Atlassian solutions.

I look forward to been a part of the group and learning from you all.

Thanks

Evan

Mandy Ross
Community Manager
April 20, 2021

Hi @Evan Underwood-Harley ! Thanks for the intro and we look forward to learning with you on our enterprise journey!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events