Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[New] Learn more about Atlassian's new features with Product updates

Hello Atlassian Community!

My name is Alex and I am a product manager on the Atlassian Enterprise Cloud team.

Today, I am excited to announce the rollout of Product updates: the one-stop shop for helping admins find, learn, and subscribe to new features and changes being made in Atlassian’s cloud products from within admin.atlassian.com.

Product updates final 1.png

With Product updates, you can bid farewell the days of searching through too many sources to find Atlassian release notes of newly rolled out features. Instead, release notes of new features relevant to you are automatically surfaced within admin.atlassian.com. Product updates also offers the following benefits:

• Release notes of new features are always available to you in a consistent and centralized location right within admin.atlassian.com.

• Quickly find the release notes you care about with keyword search and filtering.

• Learn more about upcoming features with detailed release notes containing release timeframes, statuses, and more.

• Subscribe and receive email updates of upcoming features with “Watch this release note”.

Please note: You need to be an organization administrator in order to see Product updates.

Product updates final 2.png

To access Product updates, simply visit admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one, then select Products> Product updates. Check out the link below to see a demo of Product updates.

https://youtu.be/SyTPFHucYUQ

Product updates is now available for immediate use to all orgs. We hope Product updates will help you stay up to date with all the new features Atlassian is rolling out. More enhancements and improvements are on the way, so stay tuned.

Questions, feedback or comments? Check out our support article here and let us know in the thread below! :down_arrow:

19 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

@Alex Chiu - hi Alex! FYI The bottom most image in this article isn't loading - try loading this in an incognito window and you'll see what I mean.

Glad to see product updates become more accessible! 🙌

Ed Bukoski March 6, 2023

@Alex Chiu this is great, our teams have been asking for information about cloud feature updates.

But why is it restricted to administrators?

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

@Alex Chiu Thank you for sharing this information about "Product Updates" feature release.

Would this feature be available to only customers on Enterprise plan or for customers on any of the Free, Standard, and Premium plans as well?

Like Dave Liao likes this
Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Dave Liao thanks for your note. 
I've re-uploaded the image and tried it in incognito. Looks like it should be working now. 
Please let me know if the image still doesn't load for you. 

Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Ed Bukoski , 
Thanks for your feedback, this is an admin-only feature for now because improvements we are releasing for Product updates in the coming months will contain some information only admin roles can see. 

For now, non-admins who are interested in learning more about Atlassian cloud releases should continue to visit our Cloud documentation blog.  

Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

Hi @Taranjeet Singh ,

Thanks for your question.

This feature is available to customers on all plans including Enterprise, Premium, Standard, and Free. 

Jeffery Candiloro March 6, 2023

@Alex Chiu ,

As an Atlassian partner, it would be handy if we could get this information across all products so that we can share it with our clients rather than it being instance/client specific. Any thoughts to providing a comprehensive view of these updates in the same format?

Thanks

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2023

@Alex Chiu - still doesn't, but no big deal! :p

Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

Hi @Jeffery Candiloro thanks for your feedback. 

Yes, opening up Product updates to display release notes of products not owned by an admin's org is something we are evaluating. I will be sure to provide updates here if we move forward with prioritizing that improvement. 

For now, please continue to access Atlassian's Cloud documentation blog to receive updates on products not owned by your org. 

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2023

@Alex Chiu thanks for the article

Few things:

- Does Generally Available mean that it is rolled out and available on 100% of all existing and new Jira instances out there?

- By "relevant to you are automatically surfaced" : do you mean that it will show new updates or features that are rolling / rolled our on our specific instance? Meaning if a feature is rolled out and has not yet been affected or implemented on our instance of Jira, it will reflect accurately on this page?

- to add to point 1, I am guessing what shows on my Product Updates page may not be exact same as that on other instances?

- I am referring to some updates like https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Upcoming-changes-to-epic-fields-in-company-managed-projects/ba-p/1997562 or https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-articles/User-management-for-cloud-admins-just-got-easier/ba-p/1576592 - that is not rolled out on our instance yet

Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2023

Hi @Yatish Madhav 

Thanks for your questions. 

- Yes, Generally available means that the feature is rolled out to 100% of all instances. 

- Currently, the status that is displayed within the release notes are a reflection of the overall rollout status of the feature. So your instance may have already received a new feature while the status is in "Rolling out". However, one of the improvements we are actively working on is to have the status in the release note be tied to your instance specifically, so stay tuned for that. 

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2023

OK Super. Thanks for the reply and the feedback. Looking forward to that improvement - I think it would make this feature that much more relevant and useful to many I am sure as the 2 links I posted above has raised confusion on our side as to when something is rolled out to us and when not.

Like # people like this
Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
March 9, 2023

Thanks again for your feedback @Yatish Madhav and look forward to sharing more updates soon. 

Like Yatish Madhav likes this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2023

This is great, love this idea!

Like Alex Chiu likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2023

This is really cool @Alex Chiu

I love release notes, but I also realize how hard it is to keep track of them as their spread out all over the place.

As an app partner, one immediate thought I have is how this could be improved to include the release notes for app updates as well. You could use an iFrame or a protocol like RSS to display the release notes for the apps installed in the instance.

Give us an extension point, and we will use it! 🦾

Like Yatish Madhav likes this
Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2023

Hi @Matt Reiner _K15t_ , 

Thanks for your feedback. For now, this page does not include app updates release notes. 
However, that something we'll be evaluating as we make more enhancements to Product updates in the coming months. 

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2023

@Alex Chiu thanks for sharing the new future added to help admins. 

I need to try this.

Vikram P

Like Alex Chiu likes this
Logan Hawkes March 31, 2023

So... you put security controls on the release notes so only the highest level of administrators for existing cloud customers can see them? Why?

Like # people like this
Alex Chiu
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2023

Hi @Logan Hawkes

Thanks for your questions. 
Product updates is only open to org admins initially because some improvements we are adding to Product updates requires org-level resources. These improvements include tying the rollout status of a feature to your org so you know exactly when your org has received a new feature. 

However, we are definitely looking at opening up access of Product updates to a wider audience down the road as well. 

Like Rachel Wells likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events