Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New! A blog all about change management in Atlassian cloud

Hello Atlassian Community! 

My name is Keri Miriello, Product Marketing Manager on the Enterprise Cloud team. I’m thrilled to share that recently, we published a brand new blog all about how admins can establish a strong change management practice, using two features available in Premium and Enterprise today - sandbox and release tracks. In the blog, you’ll learn how you can:

• deliver critical updates to products while also minimizing disruption to user workflow in cloud

• prepare for product changes with sandbox

• control the rate of change in cloud with release tracks

Read the blog here and let us know how you currently use sandbox and/or release tracks to manage change in your organization today.

4 comments

Comment

Brian Hill August 31, 2021

Thanks for this Keri, useful to have some focus on how people need to manage change at scale in larger instances. What's not made clear in the article is the gap in functionality for change progression from Sandbox environments to PRD. Sandbox is great for rehearsing how a change in config for new functionality can work, but the tools to move those changes from Sandbox to PRD are missing/emergent. It's covered well in this related thread:> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-deploy-workflow-changes-to-Production-in-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/1613474 

Looking forward to seeing how that functionality gap is bridged - current options are either for manual replication in cutover planning or leveraging marketplace partner tools that are still evolving/beta for config replication.

Like # people like this
Eva Kasiak September 23, 2021

I love the sandbox part for Jira Clud finally the changes can be tested and confirmed without causing disruption and breaking down the things on prod. 

automation rules could be accessible there which I understand is not yet the case https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/ ..

Like # people like this
Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2021

Managing change at scale is always the tricky part but with sandboxes the element of disruption is dealt with and one use release track to avoid what I would call a change overload. Thanks @Keri Miriello for sharing this.

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2021

Thanks for sharing this

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events