For a successful cloud migration, put your people first!

👋🏼  Hello, Enterprise community,

My name is Rish and I’m a Technical Account Manager (TAM) for Onboarding Success based out of Brooklyn, NY. My role involves working with customers to ensure that they’re maximizing success with new deployments. Being passionate about enterprise software adoption and change management, I jumped at the opportunity to work across our Customer Success & Innovation teams to develop the new  🤩  Cloud adoption toolkit 🤩 .

Let’s face it, the decision to migrate to the cloud can be daunting, especially in the context of the broader shifts to our ways of working that we're all continuing to experience. But what if I told you that, rather than being a huge headache, migrating to the cloud can actually be a huge asset in helping your organization adapt to the new normal? While that’s a massive change for our Atlassian tool administrators to tackle, a Cloud migration can have immense benefits beyond just tooling - including enhanced security and reliability, all while ensuring that knowledge workers can remain productive in an ever-changing hybrid setting.

While working with Atlassian customers, I see the massive cloud-shift firsthand as our customers migrate their existing toolsets to the Cloud. And the shift goes well beyond Atlassian - according to Gartner, by 2024, nearly half of IT budgets that currently get routed towards traditional systems infrastructure and software solutions will instead be allocated to cloud infrastructure spending.

This is why in my role at Atlassian, I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about:

• 💡 How can we ensure that Atlassian tool administrators are set up for success and have a plan in place to help their teams transition smoothly to the cloud?

• ✊🏼 How can we support admins with the people side of change?

• 📝 What communication templates can we provide our admins to ensure that no users are left behind?

We built the Cloud adoption toolkit to start answering these questions using all the feedback we’ve gathered from customers like you. We hope this toolkit will help propel the success of your cloud migration by assisting you with:

• 💪🏼 Understanding the importance of change management

• 👨🏼‍🎨 Creating a change management plan

• ☁️  Learning about in-product differences that your teams can expect as they adjust to Atlassian Cloud 

• 📧 Creating customizable email templates and product-specific guides to help teams navigate the changes and get productive on Atlassian Cloud as quickly as possible

Let us know what you think! We’re eager to keep this toolkit up to date and would love to incorporate your feedback.

P.S. If you're looking at accelerating outcomes or need an experienced solutions advisor, please read on! 🚀

For complex migrations, we have Cloud Migration Managers available to help you plan and strategize your migration from the planning phase through launch, by leveraging best practices and collective knowledge gathered from customers of a similar scale.

On the opt-in front, our Technical Account Managers are available for customers who not only want strategic guidance during the physical migration, but also a long term partner that will help unlock the value of Atlassian products in the cloud as you shift away from supporting infrastructure and move towards organizational agility and new ways of working.

7 comments

Comment

Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2022

This is great!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Rish Singh Thanks for sharing this post and the resources for cloud migration journey, especially the "Cloud Adoption Toolkit"

Like # people like this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

Thanks for sharing this @Rish Singh and consolidating all the important resources!

Like Rish Singh likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2022

@Rish Singh I appreciate all your efforts in this regards. Yes, its not easy decision to migrate to cloud for some organisations due to data privacy and org restrictions. This tool will be really helpful .

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

Thank you for this great information.

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2022

Thanks for the info! 

Like # people like this
Casey Chatman
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2023

Hi everyone!

I’m Casey from the Enterprise Adoption PMM team and am here to share an update!

Since its original release in February 2022, the Cloud Adoption Toolkit has gotten a makeover!

Previously available as a set of PDFs, we transformed the toolkit into web pages which you can find at www.atlassian.com/adoption.

You might also be interested in my recent community post which breaks down adoption and change management planning into ten steps.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events