Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Domains for Confluence Cloud - Early Access Program

Hello Atlassian Community 👋 !

We are excited to announce the launch of Custom Domains for Confluence! We are inviting you to join our Early Access Program (EAP) and be among the first to explore and provide feedback on this new feature.

Custom Domains is designed to give you more control over your Confluence instance. This new feature will allow you to customize your Confluence domain and make it easier for your team members to find and access your site.

To join the EAP, simply follow these steps:

1. Visit our EAP signup page

2. Fill out the form with your details

3. Be on the lookout for a confirmation email with further instructions

We’re asking all EAP participants to use the Custom Domains feature and provide us with feedback. We appreciate any insights you can provide about your experience, including about usability and performance.

Please note that we will limit the number of participants for this EAP so that we can properly manage feedback that comes in as part of it. If you’d like to participate, please sign up as soon as possible.

We are committed to making the Custom Domains feature the best it can be, and we are eager to receive your valuable input. We believe that with your help, we can create a more personalized and effective Confluence experience for all our users.

If you have any questions about the EAP or the new Custom Domains feature, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

John Hooper

Product Manager, Confluence

12 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

@John Hooper - thanks for sharing John! I'd love to preview this feature. Just submitted a request to join!

Like • Andy Gladstone likes this
Victor van den Bosch March 11, 2024

The forced 2 level subdomain structure means this is just confusing for everyone that would end up using it.

Hard pass.

Looking forward to this being implemented correctly.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2024

Hi @John Hooper , whats the best way to give you feedback on this?

I already opened a ticket here – ECOHELPPUB-114 â€“ about custom domains breaking all Atlassian Connect apps. Should I open another in your other place?

Just want to make sure I've located the correct JSM portal to get this fixed.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

@Victor van den Bosch - is the two-level subdomain implementation following along to Confluence Cloud?

I assumed it was Atlassian's initial Jira Cloud implementation (to start, at least). Hoping I'm wrong.

Otherwise I'll have a domain that's ... https://knowledge.base.not-a-shell.co  🫠

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2024

@Dave Liao I can confirm that the 2 level subdomains hold true for Confluence custom domains too.

So, https://wiki.yourdomain.com/ is a no, but https://www.wiki.yourdomain.com/   or https://knowledge.base.yourdomain.com/ should be fine.

Like • # people like this
Victor van den Bosch March 11, 2024

@Dave Liao It is referenced / asked for in the sign up form. It’s the same ridiculous format. So yeah… seems like Atlassian is pushing through with that.

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2024

@Victor van den Bosch - I saw it on the form too, but assumed a lazy/smart JSM admin just cloned the EAP form for the Jira Cloud custom domains EAP 😉

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2024

@David at David Simpson Apps - thanks David for confirming!

😭😭😭😭😭

Adrian Smith March 11, 2024

Would be glad to be a part when the keyword nonsense is dropped. Until then, we wait for the customer requested feature.

tfriedrich999 April 9, 2024

Hi there.

I just want to make sure if custom domains are also offered for the standard cloud license and not just for Premium and Enterprise. Is this the case?

Regards,
Thomas

Rick Piovesan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

OK sign us up !  Where is the EAP signup (above link does not work). Is EAP closed already? If so when will custom domains be avail for Confluence?  

I'll even put up with the somewhat absurd unusual need for a 2 level sub.sub.domain.xx  name - though I do hope this illogical constraint disappears very soon.

What do I do next to get going on this?
Anxious,
Rick

Abigail Gavin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2024

Is this feature only available to Enterprise clients? Will Premium accounts have access to this feature? Also, when will it be released?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events