Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ—“οΈ Event: JiraCon23!

Meant to share this earlier, but better late than never!

JiraCon23 is tomorrow (Wednesday, October 4th), and will feature a number of talks covering applications and best practices in the Atlassian ecosystem. I've attended past JiraCons - it's a good way to get insights into how others operate with Jira.

Sessions are sorted into categories, including:

• Agile & DevOps
  • ESM & ITSM
  • Jira & Productivity

These topics should be relevant to your teams and organizations, no matter the size.

πŸ”Ž I'll be in (virtual) attendance, and tuning in to these sessions:

• Agile in Service Management (with @Phill Fox !)
  • Team Spaces in Confluence (with @Craeg Strong ) - I have a passion for collaboration!
  • Complex Augmented Reality "BSM"... Ended Now! (with @Fun Man Andy )
  • Who says Jira has to be used that way? - this topic is near and dear to me, because governance - defining what Jira can and shouldn't do in certain organizations is a key part of keeping your Jira instances optimized for the teams that use them.

πŸ‘‹ Are you attending? What sessions are you planning to go to?

Register today: https://jiracon.trundl.com/register

... Atlassian Community members, use this code for a discount! YWH50

4 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2023

My last (and fave) session is coming up! "Who says Jira has to be used that way?"

... sounds like an upcoming Enterprise article, eh?

Craeg Strong
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 16, 2023

Enjoyed speaking at this event!    "Team Spaces in Confluence" barely touched the surface of Confluence capabilities and hope to make a deeper dive next time.

Like β€’ Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2023

@Craeg Strong - you did great!

Two takeaways for me:

1. Appreciated the very useful tip of including goals and non-goals on a team space's overview home page. Knowing what's out of scope is just as important as what's covered. πŸ’ͺ
  2. I always forget about shortcuts, I'll have to make a note to include those 2-3 Very Important Links on the sidebar, and call out to readers to expand that left nav to find them. (Bonus, they'll see the page hierarchy!) 😬

Things I appreciated:

• ⚑️ Seeing Confluence Automation in action! I remember when it was in EAP, but didn't get a chance to participate.
  • πŸ“Š The eazyBI mention - I love eazyBI! Embedding eazyBI reports and charts onto Confluence pages can add context to a page quickly.

For next time?

• You mentioned the concept of programs and how a team can own potentially multiple spaces, maybe consider mentioning how to use page include macros to include relevant program-level content on subordinate[1] team pages?

[1] Since we all know Confluence (yet?) doesn't have a space hierarchy... πŸ™‚

Like β€’ # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2023

Thanks @Rodney Nissen - ReleaseTEAM for your session! For whatever reason, I couldn't find you to mention you in this post 🫠

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events