Ratio Reporting

Brian Olesen July 16, 2020

I am interested in running some issue ratio reports in JIRA.

For example:

For a release, I would like a report that would show me per user/assignee the ratio of Issue Types: New Feature & Improvement to Test Build Bug Ratio
Assignee/ Developer1 –  New Feature(45) + Improvements (113) / Test Build Bug (72) = ratio (2.19)

Is this possible?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
devpartisan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Brian,

Welcome to the community!

There are too many dimensions involved in the question to be answered inside of Jira's native reporting. However, there are a number of options for pulling that into more sophisticated reporting tools.

If your example numbers are representative of scale, I think you could get by with spreadsheet integration apps. For Cloud, Atlassian has built and maintains Apps for the most popular SaaS spreadsheets:

If the scale is much larger, you might look at some of the more enterprise-scale reporting options like Tableau, EazyBI, and Power BI.

Hope that helps.

Ian

0 votes
robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

Hi Brian,

I was going to suggest Tableau or EazyBI myself, as @ian did, but if you need an OOB solution those figures appear to be able to be calculated through JQL.  From there they can be exported to a Confluence table through use of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/JIRA+Issues+Macro using Display total numbers only, and get a report in that manner.  or export them to CSV and use Excel to calculate. 

Just a thought as I am unfamiliar with your current environment et al...

Best,

Robert

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events