cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Agent count

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

Is there a script or a way (UI, app, etc) to get a unique list of Service Desk Agents?  Ideally, by project?  As part of moving from Server to Data Center I'm routinely just auditing all Service Desks via the Workload Report.

Having been on legacy licenses we've enjoyed having wider access for more than people who need it, but the unfortunate side effect is it's hard to really get a grasp of how many unique agents we have because of project overlap and the Service Desks that are not yet refactored.

A more specific example, if I have 3 projects with 4500 agents that have yet to be refactored, is there a way without database queries (as I don't usually have access to such a thing) to exclude those 3 projects and get a number of unique agents in the balance of my instance?

Until I finish refactoring all projects, the only count available to me is the 4500 that is listed on the Application screen, right?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

Thank you Adaptavist via Twitter. This gives you users of each desk.  It's a start and can adjust things from here.

/**
 * Get all the Applications users that have Service Desk Agent permissions for the
 * all the service desk projects. Run the following script via your Script Console
 */
import com.atlassian.jira.permission.PermissionContextImpl
import com.atlassian.jira.permission.PermissionSchemeManager
import com.atlassian.jira.project.Project
import com.atlassian.jira.project.type.ProjectTypeKey
import com.atlassian.jira.security.plugin.ProjectPermissionKey

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser
import groovy.xml.MarkupBuilder

StringWriter writer = new StringWriter()
def builder = new MarkupBuilder(writer)

builder.div {
    p("Results")
    ul {
        ComponentAccessor.projectManager.getProjects().findAll { project -> project.projectTypeKey == new ProjectTypeKey("service_desk")}?.each {
            li("$it.name : ${getUsersWithPermissionForProject( new ProjectPermissionKey("SERVICEDESK_AGENT"), it)?.collect {it.displayName}?.join(", ")}")
        }
    }
}

writer.toString()

static Collection <ApplicationUser> getUsersWithPermissionForProject(ProjectPermissionKey permissionKey, Project project) {
    def permissionSchemeManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(PermissionSchemeManager)
    permissionSchemeManager.getUsers(permissionKey, new PermissionContextImpl(null, project, null))
}
0 votes
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2018

My only way to do this so far is to go to each of our (55+) service desks, copy all the users from the worklog report, paste them into an xls and then de-dupe them.  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events