Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Data Center size profiles

Chandan Gupta November 14, 2018

Does number of issues provided into Data center Profile also counts the archived issues?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-data-center-size-profiles-955171062.html

Moreover, does archived issues impact the data center performance or not?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Hi Chandan,

For the purposes of a size profile, the method for getting issues in the documentation does count issues in projects that have been archived.

However, archiving projects does improve the performance of Data Center, which is why the feature was created! After the project is archived, any issues in it don't get processed during subsequent re-indexes. And once they are excluded from indexing, the memory requirements of processes that handle searches are reduced (as the index size is smaller).

Cheers,
Daniel

Chandan Gupta November 20, 2018

Thanks Daniel,

It helps to an extent. Does it mean that if have very humongous number of issue per year i.e 7M and it also stand true for archiving these 7M per year (max upto 10years), I can keep archiving the issues or projects without impacting overall performance of Jira. Only thing I need to take care is scaling of the database and shared file system.

Let me know your thoughts.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2018

Hey Chandan,

That sounds right to me based on how the Archiving feature is built. Making sure the database server is resourced appropriately will be where you'll want to spend any time (extra disk for shared home storage is easy).

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Chandan Gupta likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events