How to upgrade Jira Service Desk Manually on server (Ubuntu)

bibin.koshy October 16, 2019

Hi Team,

I would like a step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade to an higher version of Jira service desk (4.4.0) I already have Jira software installed. Just wanted to upgrade jira service desk manually. Is there a page i could follow or video etc?

Thanks,

Bibin

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Hi @bibin.koshy , 

you can simply follow this guide with step by step instructions : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-server-manual-938846939.html

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

bibin.koshy October 17, 2019

Hi Alexis,

I have looked through this documentation. It is more about upgrading Jira software. There is only a brief section on how to upgrade Jira service desk, which is to go through the UI and upgrade from there. Is it possible to just upgrade the service desk on ubuntu? without upgrading Jira software?

Thanks,

Bibin

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2019

Hi @bibin.koshy , 

it's exactly the same for upgrading Jira Software or Jira Service Desk, you just need to get the proper installation file.

Like bibin.koshy likes this
bibin.koshy October 18, 2019

Hi Alexis,

Thank you so much for sharing this! 

--Bibin

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events