cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to nodes from Jumpbox using SSH

Daniel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2020

Hi All

This is the first time trying to set up Jira Service Desk Data Center on Azure using the built in template. I am getting the "Error creating project, XSRF check failed" error when trying to create a sample project so I am attempting to follow the instructions on enabling the headers to fix this but need to connect to the node first.

I can connect to the Jumpbox using the private key but when I try to connect to the node I am getting Permission denied (publickey)

Am I missing something here, a step or something? Does the node have the public key already do I need to copy this over?

Any advice would be awesome

Thanks

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
TOR KRISTIANSEN March 18, 2021

@Daniel Did you find the solution. I'm have run into the same problem. Trying confluence in azure.  @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- information wasn't very informative. This happens when you follows the atlassian documentation for azure...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2021

I was trying to make the point that you need to be looking at the Jumpbox side.

Working with Confluence on Azure works fine for me if I follow the Atlassian instructions there, and the XSRF error is not being thrown by Confluence.

Like TOR KRISTIANSEN likes this
TOR KRISTIANSEN March 19, 2021

I totally understand that this is not a confluence software error. But I'm a bit unsure of where I should look. It looks like it tries to use keys instead of username and password.

The reason for all this trouble is that I'm trying to locate the log files. Because I get an error at 90% of importing our on-premise wiki... 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2021

I'm sorry, I don't know Jumpbox well enough to be able to help.

To get to the logs, you need a command-line access to your Confluence server - from the front end, you might be able to see the system information page which will tell you where they are, but if you don't see that, then they are in a generic place of <Confluence home directory>/logs/ - the first one to read is generally going to be atlassian-confluence.log .  When using a standard/default install on a Linux box, that's going to be under /opt/atlassian somewhere

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2020

This is not an Atlassian problem, you don't connect to it with keys like this.

You'll need to fix the Jumpbox ssh configuration to allow you to connect with a key.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events