Bamboo 9.0 is now available

Hey there, Data Center community! I'm Martyna Wojtas and I am the Product Manager for Bamboo Data Center. I’m excited to share that Bamboo 9.0 is now available. We purpose-built this platform to help your enterprise team securely build, test, and deploy code with stronger performance and a modernized look and feel.

As you know, platform releases drive significant value for Data Center products as they allow us to include multiple backward-incompatible changes (or “breaking changes”) which establish a foundation for continuous improvement in future releases.

Optimized security

Bamboo 9.0 optimizes known opportunities for security enhancements to offer a strong, stable platform in Platform 6. This platform enhances Bamboo’s security by upgrading the stack of third-party dependencies and resolving technical debts, giving your team the peace of mind that your software remains secure.

Stronger integrations and growing performance

Have you experienced throttling with your current Bamboo Data Center and Bitbucket Cloud integration? Bamboo 9.0 solves this by using webhooks to offer an enhanced Bitbucket Cloud integration. This updated webhooks handling relieves the load in Bitbucket Cloud while improving reliability for Bamboo by reducing resource utilization. Additionally, this new integration enables Specs for branches—a well-known Bamboo Server and Data Center feature—to work with Bitbucket Cloud. 

As your Bamboo instances grow, we are building for stronger performance as well. Bamboo 9.0 establishes the groundwork for coming performance development throughout the 9.x releases, including coming high availability.

Modernized look and feel

As illustrated below, Bamboo 9.0 includes new front-end updates for a modern, intuitive design. You’ll notice new views and drop-downs for a sleeker experience, as well as a modernized look for more user-friendly REST API documentation.

85d88528-68fe-4cfa-8fe8-7abb5df99983.png

Multiselect before Bamboo 9.0
2.png
Multiselect in Bamboo 9.0

I’m especially pleased to share that these upgrades also lay the groundwork for future accessibility development. Bamboo will soon offer accessibility and compliance upgrades, including updates for users using screen-readers.

Thanks for being part of our Data Center community and please share any questions below! In the meantime, you can head over here to download the latest version of Bamboo or read the Bamboo 9.0 release notes to learn more.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events