Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote crowd connection to crowd ldap directory?

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2015

Hi,

I'm curious – is it possible (from a local crowd instance) to set up a remote crowd connection to another crowd instance that is using ldap? For example, the local crowd instance can't access our ldap servers – but the external crowd instance can. If we could get our security team to open the necessary ports for the local crowd instance to communicate with the external crowd instance... would we be able to leverage the ldap directory from the external crowd instance on the local crowd instance? 

I haven't been able to find information on this particular use case. I have a feeling it's not possible, but I thought I'd check.

This is similar to another question I recently asked about forwarding traffic via an apache port – but I figured if this is possible, this would make more sense to implement.

Thanks.

1 answer

2 votes
Diego Berrueta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2015

Hi Bryan,

The setup that you describe is completely possible. Just add a "Remote Crowd Directory" to your local Crowd, and point it to the Crowd instance that has the LDAP directory.

Bryan_Karsh February 8, 2015

Excellent - thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events