Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for PostgreSQL version 10x or 11x

Jean Freitas October 30, 2018

Hi,

We started to test crowd as a potential solution for SSO and one of the questions my database team have is if this tool support PostgreSQL version 10x or 11x.

The support platforms page says the the latest version supported by Crowd is 9.6, but I was wondering if there is any plan for version 10x or 11x in the next version of Crowd.

They want to use version 11, but I don't believe that will be supported any time soon by Atlassian.

Regards,

3 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Atlassian will start working on adding PostgreSQL 10 support for Jira Server in the near future and will be reflecting the status on JRASERVER-65910.

Please join there, vote for it and set yourself as a watcher.  You'll receive an update there on our progress going forward.

We've also planned adding support for PostgreSQL 11. See JRASERVER-68578 for updates.

0 votes
Jean Freitas October 31, 2018

Thanks Kenny, I'll also vote for that feature request!

0 votes
kennyngkk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2018

Hello Jean, 

There is curruntly no timeline yet for PostgrelSQL 10 to be implemented 

I found a feature request at the link below that address this issue in particular.

Please vote, watch and comment on it.Please take note that the feature request might not be implemented anytime soon.At the moment, there is no timeline yet when these will be implemented or delivered. Therefore, as all related updates will be made available there, I would recommend you to watch and vote for this improvement because based on [New Features Policy|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/New+Features+Policy] voting increases the chance of implementing this feature.

PostgresSQL 11 is releasing on November 8th, 2018. It will not be supporting so soon. You should not expect this to be implemented anytime soon 

n1kola October 31, 2018

Had a quick look around and noticed that a support with new mayor releases are missing for all three key database environments. There is feature request for Oracle 12.2 support, SQL Server 2017 and PostgreSQL 10. Oracle in the meantime released 18c, SQL server 2019 is in public preview and PostgreSQL is working on 11.1 release (November 8th, 2018). As a side note PostgreSQL 11.0 was released on October 18 (https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1894/).

We are required to keep all of our databases up to date by our DBA team and keeping old environment running is more of an issue for them rather than us but I think it's only a matter of question when they will ditch us from their environment due to the auditing reasons and we'll need to buy additional extended support to keep our Atlassian systems live.

Thanks for the update Kenny and question Jean. Heading out for a vote!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events