Jira - users have to login twice

We're running Jira 6.2 with Crowd providing authentication services across all our Atlassian software. Crowd syncs with Active Directory, and our users can all log in to Atlassian software using their Windows logon.

When a user tries to login to Jira, the first attempt fails - a message saying "You do not have permissions to log in ....." appears above the username field in the login page. When the user then tries again with the same username and password they successfully log in.

I believe (but cannot be certain) that this behavior began after the upgrade to Jira 6.2. Confluence doesn't seem to exhibit this behavior, and neither does Stash

Has any one else had the same problem?

Thanks.

3 answers

Hi Michael,

When integrating JIRA with Crowd, the SSO is not enable by default, additional modification to seraph file is needed to enable it and some customers decide to user other softwares to provide SSO.

Do you have any kind of SSO configuration in place? I'm asking this because I see you mentioned Windows logon, perhaps are you refering to Integrated Windows Authentication?

If you have SSO enabled, can you turn it off temporarily and see if it brings any improvement?

Cheers

SSO hasn't been enabled.

Our users log on to Atlassian applications using their Windows credentials - this has been working fine until just recently.

I'm beginning to get more reports from users about permissions - one user can no longer resolve issues, an admin-level user can not assign issues.

I'm seeing the same behavior - for a small number of users - in confluence. All our accounts are synced with Active Directory.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,166 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you