Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I import groups memberships into crowd?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

I managed to import my LDAP users from ldap-connector to ldap-delegated and now I need to reassign users to the groups that are managed inside crowd.

I do have a CSV file with `name,group` but how I am supposed to import this?

So far the only way to import groups that I found was when you import an entire directory into a crowd-local directory, but I am not able to use a local directory because LDAP authentication is a must.

2 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

This is possible in Crowd, the only trick is to use the Import Users feature and give an empty csv file (only with headers) and the group membership one.

It works, I used it several times with more than 20.000 memberships.

Kensuke Karukomi _軽込 健介_ November 21, 2019

I've confirmed that your method is still effective at Crowd 3.4.5. 
Thanks!

mika nokka April 26, 2022

Tnx, using this trick I was able to import users and groups and then add users to correct group. (not multiple , just one)

mika nokka April 26, 2022

When one has as many username groupname enries in groups csv (individual lines), then that username will be added to all these groups. This requires first normal import phase: users.csv - multigroups.csv and then the second import phase: emptyusers.csv- multigroups.csv 

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2012

Hey Sorin,

It is currently not possible within a native way in Crowd, but I think you can do a trick if you're using Mysql or PostgreSQL database which allow to dump the data from CSV file, you can dump the group data in the table cwd_group then dump the membership data in the table cwd_membership. :)

Cheers

MOMO

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events