Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyrillic symbols in Username field of Connector tab are replaced by question signs

Ivan Potylitcyn July 31, 2020

Hi, community!

I'm trying to add existing Microsoft Active Directory to the Crowd. Username for LDAP consist of Russian (Cyrillic) symbols

When I Test connetion while editing directory settins (Username is written with cyrillic symbols, guess with utf-8 encoding) the test is successful. The Test connection is succesful even after saving Connector settings by pressing Save button:

photo_2020-07-31_21-37-03.jpg

But after going anywhere else but Connector tab Synchronization failes

If I return to Connector tab the cyrillic symbols in Username are changed to the question marks (?), while at sign (@) and domain name consist of english symbols are fine. Expectedly, quantity of question marks are equal to quantity of russian symbols in user name before at sign (@). Test connection failes with error code 49 and cause 502e - invalid credential

photo_2020-07-31_21-37-06.jpg

We already have our Jira (Server), Bitbucket (Server) and Confluence (Server) connected to our Microsoft Active Directory with exactly the same settings. All three apps goes fine and user directory synchronization success. Something goes wrong only with Croud (Server)

I've tried to add this to crowd.cfg.xml, but after restarting Crowd did not up. I've reverted settings changes, restarted Crowd and came back to described problem

I would appreciate any suggestions of how to fix it without changing user name to english. Looking at JIra, Bitbucket and Confluence it seems to be possible =)

With hope,
Ivan

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events