Crowd not working anymore after adding to many users. How do I revert?

SamK July 15, 2012

Hi,

I added an application link with a few groups linked to it. After this I could not access to Crowd anymore. Here is the message I'm having:

Your current license does not permit the number of users you have configured in Crowd, please upgrade to a new license, or contact Atlassian Sales Support.

So I obviously want to fix this but there is no access to the admin panel anymore... HOW DO I FIX THAT?!

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2012

The best way to do this is to create an evaluation license and implement it to your Crowd server so that you would be able to log-in into it.

After youa re able to log-in please reduce the number of licensed users on your Crowd and re-implement your commercial license.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

SamK July 15, 2012

Hi Septa, thanks for your answer.

I mark your answer as the correct answer.

However I did it otherwise: I just restored the backup database from yesterday.

Cheers!

Nevertheless I think this behaviour is totally unacceptable.

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2012

Yeah, that would work also :).

2 votes
Toyota NZ January 12, 2016

BTW: To get a eval licence to fix this you need the server ID which you can't get to as you can't log in. It can be found in <crowd data dir>/crowd.cfg.xml

Jaume Vich Salas October 18, 2018

Thanks for the file location.

This situation is totally ridiculous. shameful

1 vote
jebteb December 21, 2014

I am having the same problem.  The 'fix' you described is a complete hack.  I agree with Samuel that this behavior is totally unacceptable.  I have a lot of appreciation for Atlassian and the products you make, but this ridiculous.

0 votes
boris_alyurov_prcm March 1, 2017

Is this behavior change in the latest Crowd versions? We are on 2.72 and just experienced this. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events