Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best way to link to a confluence page from outside confluence?

Adi Atzmony December 24, 2019

Hi,

Can anyone give a good recommendation for linking to confluence documentation pages? Since the pretty link with the title being the heading of the page may change if the title changes.

I know that there is a pretty link and a page id, but wanted to see if anyone has experience using them.

We are looking to use links to pages from outside of confluence and want to make sure that the link will not break in case someone changes the title.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2019

I usually use the "short" link - you can find it in the page information tab.

It is based on the page id, which does not vary either, but is quite long.

Adi Atzmony December 26, 2019

thanks for your response. do you know the difference between the "short" link (which you mention is quite long :) ) and the "Tiny Link"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019

I don't understand the question.  I suspect when I say "short link", you say "tiny link", so they're the same thing.

Adi Atzmony December 26, 2019

I also suspect that. Can you please show me a screenshot of what you are referring to?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2019

Click on the "page information" option in the tools menu.  There is a shortened url link in the top left information box.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events