website not loading after upgrade from 4.3 to 5.7

Upgrade ran fine with no problem, but website no longer loads after upgrade.

4 answers

0 votes

What does the log say is going wrong?

As Nic has pointed out the log is the key... look for atlassian.log or something like catalina.out to get the clue

Right, those look like Tomcat and Confluence are unable to read/write the file system in the rigtht places. Check the ownership and rights on ALL the directories you've set Conflluence to use.

0 votes

Hey Emanuel,

Since we do not have the logs yet, may I also ask you to describe how you've done this upgrade? Was it using the wizard or was it manual? I'm asking it since you could be running in this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34584

If that's not the case, we'll need to check your logs and understand better what is happening when you try to access the page.

I hope it helps! smile

Eduardo

WAs installed via Windows Installer on a Confluence that had no content.

Looks like it reverted back to port 8090.

But webpage definitely not looking right, see below:

image2015-2-20 9:54:3.png

Yeah, you're definitely missing a lot of the function - the css has vanished, as has the templates. I'm afraid you really do need to consult the log, we really can't tell you anything without a look at that. It should be rammed with errors as Confluence starts up.

Found the problem, install ate the remaining space on Drive had to clean up and expand partition. Everything works!

Thanks all!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

981 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you